Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

261 - 280 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try clearing "Cache" so the multi quote gets cleared up. This is a good thing to do on your computer every then and again.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Why do people want to convert others to their chain lube regiment? Its like chain lube Jehovah Witnesses.
Exactly. That's why I keep telling people... forget the homebrew, forget all those fancy new chain lubes. Get ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube. ProLink... It's got what chains crave.
Try clearing "Cache" so the multi quote gets cleared up. This is a good thing to do on your computer every then and again.
Tried it then quoted your post...and it still includes the other 2 from Dave G & SPIKE. I guess I'll just have to remember to check for other quotes and then delete them manually.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Tried it then quoted your post...and it still includes the other 2 from Dave G & SPIKE. I guess I'll just have to remember to check for other quotes and then delete them manually.
You may need a deep cleaning of your computer app. Kind of like heavily gunked up bicycle drivetrain, you gotta take it a part and scrub it thoroughly with brush and degreaser / solvent.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,511 Posts
You may need a deep cleaning of your computer app. Kind of like heavily gunked up bicycle drivetrain, you gotta take it a part and scrub it thoroughly with brush and degreaser / solvent.
I think maybe it's a sign that we all should be using what chains crave. :D

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,032 Posts
All due respect to Dave G, Dave G is 110% wrong about chain lube.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Time for a tune up. This guy called me yesterday to ask how much a tune up would cost. When I gave him the price, he freaked out. "My car mechanic charges less than that. My plumber..." Like somehow my trade is worth less than theirs. Believe me, his car mechanic or plumber would have charged extra for this sh#t.

Attachments

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Time for a tune up. This guy called me yesterday to ask how much a tune up would cost. When I gave him the price, he freaked out. "My car mechanic charges less than that. My plumber..." Like somehow my trade is worth less than theirs. Believe me, his car mechanic or plumber would have charged extra for this sh#t.
:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Even the crud in these photos is begging someone to get the crud off them. :cryin:

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Is that a Ninja Throwing Star?

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,032 Posts
Hit it with a few squirts of WD40. It'll be like new in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
^ There are spas with a pool of little fishes that eat / clean dead skin off of your feet when you dip in. I wonder if there is a version of such creatures for gunked up machine parts... Emoticon-Think.gif

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
If anyone wants to see some messed up bikes. Join "The Funny Side to Bike Mechanics" on Facebook. There are some doozies being posted daily.

·
Slowski
123 Posts
The guy must have been a beast to spend so much time in the small cog to wear it out like that. Or the rear mech was so crudded up the bike hadn't shifted in years.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,511 Posts
The guy must have been a beast to spend so much time in the small cog to wear it out like that. Or the rear mech was so crudded up the bike hadn't shifted in years.
I actually knew someone whose derailleur pulleys looked like that.

261 - 280 of 338 Posts