Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for some nice cyclcross trails in the San Francisco Bay area? I am looking to mix things up a little from the road bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not quite sure what you had in mind, but some I like to do are Mt. Tam and Lake Chabot/Redwood Regional.

At Tam, try parking in the Blithedale trailhead area, and ride up Old Railroad. There are some trail names I don't know, but you get on the road that eventually takes you to Hwy 1 and get on Miwok Trail to Tennessee Valley. Up a grunt climb to the overview and eventually down to Muir Beach. Hit the road, go toward Muir Woods then up Deer Park to the Pantoll Ranger Station. Across the street, catch a paved entry to a trail that eventually gets you up to Old RR again and either summit or head back to the car by heading down. If you follow these exact directions you will likely get lost! Consult a map or just know there are some great trails to ride in these areas and put them together to your liking. Some good stuff in the Headlands, too.

Chabot to Redwood Regional, East Ridge to West Ridge, some connectors to get you from place to place....another great area.

There's a start!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks taob! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Fairly new to the cross bike, so I was looking for some trails that did not involve dropping down the side of a cliff or jumping over logs or boulders! I will take a look at that area. I have ridden up Mt Tam on my road bike, and love that area. So, thinking that is a great trail to try!! Thanks again!

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
37 Posts
Hey Taob,

Would you know of a place in SF that rents CX bikes? I've tried the usual suspects, Blazing Saddles, Bay City and Pacific Bicycle but no luck. Maybe I can buy one from Performance and return it two days later saying that I'm not happy with it.... kidding! Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Matt

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
37 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Need to mention

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for some nice cyclcross trails in the San Francisco Bay area? I am looking to mix things up a little from the road bike.
golden gate park too.So much singletrack and everywhere. For rentals you might try roaring mouse cycles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.