Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
I just bought my first and stuck with a wired Cateye Strada Cadence. The wireless idea sounded cool, but the reviews made them sound like a potential headache. I went the less-expensive and more reliable route. The wire barely shows anyway. $30 from Nashbar (yes, with Cadence) if you're patient with the special coupons that come up all the time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just on the slightly more expensive side, I just picked up a Polar 200 with the T31 heart monitor strap at Performace for $110, that included an additional 10% discount. No tax cause I got it in Delaware. It is wireless and works fine. Don't have cadence but can add later if I want. Really don't need it though for what I do. Love the heart monitor and it does all the other stuff (speed, calories, time etc)

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
I have a Sigma wireless computer that was in your price range if I rememer correctly. As suggested by kykr13, however, wireless can be a PITA. I'm always having to adjust it. I'd go wired if I had to do it over again.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I'm curious. I'm also playing the devil's advocate, but I gotta ask...why do you want a wireless? I ride with people who have a wide variety of computers, some wired, some not. I just wonder why you chose/are chooseng one over the other.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got my first bike in 25-30 years 2 weeks ago, A Fuji Newest 4.0. I bought a Cateye Vectra and really like it. It does just the basics. Works just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.