Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey RBR Friends, have any of you participated in this event and what did you think? It seems a a little $$,but I do really like the idea of getting out on my bike for a week. Any advice is welcome and thanks. MD45.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Did it twice, but I don't remember the years...somewhere back in 2001-2004 or something. It was fantastic back then. Supremely well organized, a huge party every night with excellent live music, hot showers, copious great grub... If I remember correctly, it was something like $400+ back then, which was a deal IMO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've done it the last 3 years and will do it again this year. Very well organized, great routes, fun people. It usually sells out or close to it every year and that means over 2000 riders but you never feel crowded. Some days are hard some real easy but you ride at your own pace and there's plenty of support. Highly recommend it if you're looking for a supported bike tour and it's one of the cheaper week long tours.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments, it seems like it would be a great event. It's a Southern coast tour this year.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Good ride. I went last year. They really do a good job of everything. The entertainment is great too. This years route looks great. You'd better sign up fast because it sells out quickly. You need to have one, big duffel bag because you can only bring one bag. It was a challenge to stuff all my things, including camping gear, into the XL duffel I bought at REI.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good ride. I went last year. They really do a good job of everything. The entertainment is great too. This years route looks great. You'd better sign up fast because it sells out quickly. You need to have one, big duffel bag because you can only bring one bag. It was a challenge to stuff all my things, including camping gear, into the XL duffel I bought at REI.
Thanks for your input. Pretty sure I am going to go for it and sign up. Thanks again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
always wanted to this, simply because I'm a huge fan of Oregon Pinot.
Didn't he run for president once? :)

Oh, Cycle Oregon -- I've always thought was a nice ride that looked like. But it is pricey, especially since I'd have to add air fair to the total tab. There are lots of less expensive tours out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts