Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,513 Posts
I've used it for...

two years. Personally, I think if your in question about how to properly train etc., it's a great program. It's cross specific and a good deal to. I would use it this year, but due to new baby, know it will be hard to follow a complete program, plus I'll probably only be able to do maybe four races. The seasons I used it I did a whole 12 race season and it worked great.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baby

hmmm,

i have a 14 month old and raced road last season about 20 races or so and then tried to shut down a little and build back for cross and just never got the motivation going. I think it was just the baby and still racing catching up with me. this year i am starting late and just racing a little now and through to cross. I had a coach a few years ago and it helped and i think i know how to train in general. but maybe looking for a little motivational help, a little cross specific help and a little how to build a season around cross help?

· 50ft. Queenie
1,165 Posts
i would strongly suggest dropping adam an email...let him know what your goals are, and what you are looking for. he aint a shy guy & will definately give you all the info you need.

that being said, i have been using CS for a couple years & am happy with them.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did that

they are offering me a local coach and it seems like just what i need. I had a coach for years but always had trouble getting all the workouts done due to working crazy hours at times. I think if i can be dedicated and honest about when i can train and how long things will work out great. Plus i am planning to go the route where i have weekly contact and will have help micro-adjusting my workload and race schedule.

i am psyshed already and need to start getting the bikes sorted out now and maybe a little base of running in too

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Coaching and time.

I think the most important thing you can do is to be honest with how much time you actually can dedicate. It's kinda like going to the Dr. for and illness and not giving him all the info. I used Johannes and he rocked, I told him I could only train x hours a week and he came up with an awesome program for me.

· 50ft. Queenie
1,165 Posts
Mosovich said:
I think the most important thing you can do is to be honest with how much time you actually can dedicate. It's kinda like going to the Dr. for and illness and not giving him all the info. I used Johannes and he rocked, I told him I could only train x hours a week and he came up with an awesome program for me.
ive been using johs for about 2 years and he has been great. Both he & adam have always been very helpful & supportive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.