Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a copy of cyclesport america Mag Jan 2006. Better yet...can you scan the article about the BMC pro machine?? They did a review in that issue and the issue is no longer available for order...I tried!

Please scan the ariticle and send it to me...I will respond to your message with my email so please post a reply here if you have it. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow, that's quite a ride...thanks for sharing the photo...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wasfast,

Thank you!!! Yo da man.

I'm sort of glad I didn't order the mag...I thought they did a complete review but as the title states: "tech review", they pretty much stuck with the tech info and no ride info.

I just started to subscribe to the mag....have you seen any reviews on the BMC pro machine in terms of ride? I read the pez report already.

Also, has the mag ever done a Time VXR review that you know of?

Again thanks a million!

·
What the Hell is going on
5,884 Posts
ProCycling

Merlinmagic said:
wasfast,

Thank you!!! Yo da man.

I'm sort of glad I didn't order the mag...I thought they did a complete review but as the title states: "tech review", they pretty much stuck with the tech info and no ride info.

I just started to subscribe to the mag....have you seen any reviews on the BMC pro machine in terms of ride? I read the pez report already.

Also, has the mag ever done a Time VXR review that you know of?

Again thanks a million!
ProCycling does in depth bike reviews by former pro Marcel Wust. I'll look back from my past issues to see if I can scan them.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Bike tests

Merlinmagic said:
I'm sort of glad I didn't order the mag...I thought they did a complete review but as the title states: "tech review", they pretty much stuck with the tech info and no ride info. have you seen any reviews on the BMC pro machine in terms of ride?
Not to rain on your parade too much, but "ride reports" on bicycles are notoriously useless. I must have read 100 such reports where the bike was described as "solid on the descents, a great climber, and it just disappears under you on the flats." Oh, and let's not forget the famous "It's like it has a motor in the bottom bracket." Lovely, but they really don't tell you much of anything. Bike testing is quite difficult, and perception tends to win out over reality. There's little way to do controls, and qualitative "tests" don't tell you much. The BMC is a fine bike, but there's not much chance of a "ride report" helping you to choose it over some other fine bike.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I would have to agree with that. A lot of these reviews are just full of s**t. Sometimes with statements that are directly contrary to reality. I would look more into the actual consumer reviews (ones on this site are pretty good), and try to read between the lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.