Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a book in the local bookstore about a year ago, didn't buy it, never thought of it again, and now am trying to track it down.

Basic story: Fat "beer & pizza" type college prof who did a complete 180 and is fit, trim, and doing cross-country rides, etc. It's told is a semi-autobio style with some dry humor ala Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Anyone know what the name of this is?

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
Heft on Wheels

texass4 said:
I saw a book in the local bookstore about a year ago, didn't buy it, never thought of it again, and now am trying to track it down.

Basic story: Fat "beer & pizza" type college prof who did a complete 180 and is fit, trim, and doing cross-country rides, etc. It's told is a semi-autobio style with some dry humor ala Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Is the name of the book of which you speak.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
couldnt tell you if that book is any good, but i remember the name mainly becuase of the picture on the cover.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
texass4 said:

damn...I can picture the cover. Thought about buying it the other day. About a guy who was a wreck and then he travels on bike across the US right? If it comes to me I'll post it. Kind of a purpleish cover...can't recall the name though--something arty like "reflections" or something.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
I just went to Goodwill and picked up 6 hardbacks for 10.50

The Yearling
Ben Hur
Henry Kissinger's The White House Years Autobiography
The Horse Whisperer
Stephen King's Desperation

I can't remember the sixth one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I picked up a first edition E.D.E.N Southworth, "Ishmael or In The Depths" -- 1884.

She's hot amongst the Fem. Lit crowd. Ishmael is a major work of hers. 35 cents. It's worth about $75.00, but I won't sell it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts