Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a Ciclosport HAC4 Plus a few days ago, but I can't figure out how to attach the wireless speed sensor. Absolutely no instructions came with the computer to help. There were instructions to help me install the handlebar holder and cadence sensor. Their instructions aren't exactly stunning; in fact, I'd have to say that they are some of the worst instructions I've ever read. However, I was able to figure most of it out except for the wireless speed. I assume it goes on the fork, but I don't know where to put it (near the top, middle, or closer to the skewer) and it doesn't even mention what to put on the spoke (I can only assume that there was a magnet that was supposed to come with it). Also, I don't know how far apart everything needs to be. I would think that the set up wouldn't be that much different than other wireless sensors, but I've never set one up before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,337 Posts
smacker401 said:
Hi, I just got a Ciclosport HAC4 Plus a few days ago, but I can't figure out how to attach the wireless speed sensor. Absolutely no instructions came with the computer to help. There were instructions to help me install the handlebar holder and cadence sensor. Their instructions aren't exactly stunning; in fact, I'd have to say that they are some of the worst instructions I've ever read. However, I was able to figure most of it out except for the wireless speed. I assume it goes on the fork, but I don't know where to put it (near the top, middle, or closer to the skewer) and it doesn't even mention what to put on the spoke (I can only assume that there was a magnet that was supposed to come with it). Also, I don't know how far apart everything needs to be. I would think that the set up wouldn't be that much different than other wireless sensors, but I've never set one up before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It should be in the poorly translated manual that comes with the computer: pg 33, section 2.3

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Go to the LBS and tell them you need a magnet--any one will work. Mount the sensor on the right-hand fork blade, about 2-3 inches above the dropouts (I specified the right-hand side so you're not beating on the sensor when you're opening/closing the quick release). Mount the magnet on one of the spokes on the drive side, adjusting the vertical position the line up with the sensor; most sensors are marked to show where the magnet should pass (a notch, a raised band, a line/two lines, etc.). You'll have to rotate the sensor so that there's a minimal gap between sensor and magnet, about 2mm. If the batteries are good in the sensor and the head unit, you should be good to go, after programming the head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.