Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys .

few weeks ago i was on a little cycle when i passed through a small square that i always go on and every other cyclist going on that square does not dismount ( going on google maps using street view can see it was a street there ; and recently made it pedestrian)
my point is everyone is cycling ,and while "the nothing better to do douche" officer was writing the fine there where about 5 cyclists going past us on their bikes which i pointed out, theres only a very small inconspicuous sign with the cycle in a red square thing .

Now the fine came with my last name misspelled CAZARCIUL instead of LAZARCIUC and DOB april instead of september

needeless to say i dont want to pay 75 £ for this nonsense ; as in UC also ..and its utterly ridiculous
what would you guys suggest ? fight it ; ignore it ..or .. its a "fixed penalty" notice
Water resources Building Infrastructure World Urban design

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also .. i might ad . where that little blue dot is ; thats where they show me the bike in red cicle sign (which is very small and not noticable ) but also i was coming from the other side (from starbucks toward cocks tavern)

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,597 Posts
Legal Advice? Really??

This post looks like a map for a Suicide Bomber... I suggest planning your Wedding for the same day.

Enjoy all the Cocks you can handle, at Starbucks. There's one at every Drumpf Tower.
What on Earth is your problem? You post some really random shit.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I mean, you kinda got screwed.. But it is what it is.... You wound up the example. It sucks. But they are right, even if they are shifty in the notice. I won’t ride around walkers, strollers, skaters, etc.... I won’t go on a MUT. Any half decent cyclist is WAY too fast to be safe on multi use spaces. Pay it and avoid it in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I suggest finding a cyclist related legal advocate group close to where you live and see if they have advise or can point you to some one that knows what's what...

·
Banned Sock Puppet
15,161 Posts
I mean, you kinda got screwed.. But it is what it is.... You wound up the example. It sucks. But they are right, even if they are shifty in the notice. I won’t ride around walkers, strollers, skaters, etc.... I won’t go on a MUT. Any half decent cyclist is WAY too fast to be safe on multi use spaces. Pay it and avoid it in the future.
^^^This. It sucks to be the lone gazelle in the herd, but it happens sometimes. There was a sign - as inconspicuous as it was, it doesn't matter. Lick your wounds and move on. There are much more important battles to fight.

Also keep in mind that the "nothing better to do douche" cop was just doing his job. Yes, he was told to go out and build some revenue for the municipality. Do you really expect him to chase the other cyclists going by while he's writing you a ticket?

Don't mind @Feels on Wire , he's the new resident troll here.

·
Administrator
13,031 Posts
Reactions: Lombard and KWL

·
Banned Sock Puppet
15,161 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I looked up the area on google earth, I see the the no cycle sign on the left. What does the blue and white cycle sign mean that is on the right?

·
my legs hurt
1,013 Posts
seems like there is an argument that you approached the square from the opposite side, there was no way you could know it was restricted, but then again, I'm in the states, British police may be different

1 - 17 of 17 Posts