Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

Just to introduce my self to this forum!!
I am 36 and I discovered cycling three years ago. Since then I discovered a new world and a new passion. I see my self cycling all the way to my 70's….Hope to contribute with my knowledge to this forums….Thank you!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just keep riding. I have a picture on my 'fridge of Robert Marchand the 100 year old Frenchman that set the world's one hour record for his age group, 100 years and older.
100 Year-Old Sets New Cycling Hour Record! « AnthonyColpo

I road raced in my teens. Rode with a touring club, the Orange County Wheelmen, in my 30s and now riding with a group here in the retirement community where I live. I turned 75 last week.

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
Don't stop at 70. Bike until you can't do it any more. When I lived in NJ there was this 80-year-old man Chuck who went on the A-pace rides with us, and he could keep up just fine. If you want to know how tough this guy was, he once crashed the Friday before our weekly Sunday ride, and on that Sunday he still managed to stick with us, but at the end he said that he felt sluggish and wasn't really feeling well that day. We told him to see his doctor, and it turns out he had a broken rib and a pierced lung, but yet he was still capable of riding with the fast group.

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,100 Posts
Bought my first bicycle in 2006 and I have never looked back. I have always been a moto head and never thought anything can get me on a push-bike. Now I just wish I caught the bug 20+ yrs earlier ... am already 40+.

But I know I have all these years left till I keel over ... :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
That's what makes cycling so great; you can do it your whole life. I used to play tons of hard-court tennis (tournaments and all) and after a couple of surgeries (knee and ankle from doing other sports) it was no longer possible. However, I can ride my bike for hours, get a great workout, go fast, see scenery pass by, and not wreck anymore bones! Oh yea, hi everyone. First post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.