Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the thread says...

Stops will be Canterbury (night #1), Veurne (Belgium), Night #2, Brugge (Night #3), Brussels (Night #4)

Some specific questions:

Anybody have experience with the national bikeway that heads out of London and goes to Canterbury? Is it suitable for a road bike? (it seems some of those bikeways are crushed gravel). Would it be better to take back roads?

Are there some must ride roads in the flanders region? Perhaps something ridden on le tour?

What is the canal route from Brugge to Brussels like? Is it easy to find?

Shooting for 75-100Mi per day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
9,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips!

I didn't have a particular Sustrans route in mind- I just heard there was one that got out of London in that direction, but I saw some photos of sustrans routes that looked to be crushed gravel or some similar surface. I would prefer to start from London proper if at all feasible so I can accurately say I rode between the two cities!

· Registered
9,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions-

I have been in London for the past few weeks taking some Law courses, so I have had a chance to see the city by bike. Are you saying the suburbs are particularly worse than riding in the city?

I have a done a few rides starting in Uxbridge, which was perfectly pleasant. Are there any similar starting points that are still inside the M25 loop that wouldn't be too hectic?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.