Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spending the next couple months in Ocean Beach--looking to ride every day. I was wondering what routes were popular with road cyclists in this area. I've gone out Friars to Fashion Valley & up Soledad Mt. the other day but would like to expand out. Is there a location I can go to, to pick up the San Diego bicycling route map. Thanks for any advice.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
elGato said:
I'm spending the next couple months in Ocean Beach--looking to ride every day. I was wondering what routes were popular with road cyclists in this area. I've gone out Friars to Fashion Valley & up Soledad Mt. the other day but would like to expand out. Is there a location I can go to, to pick up the San Diego bicycling route map. Thanks for any advice.
check your LBS. There's a # you can call to have the city send you a map, but I don't remember what that # is.

IIRC Hi Tech has several copies of the map by the front door.

Oh, and check www.socalcycling.com too.

HTH,

M

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
get to mission bay

connect it to Rose Canyon Bike Path, work your way to UCSD via Gilman Drive and North County is yours.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
ps RbR is having the NCD

get together last weekend in Jan. 8 AM Old Town Trolley PArking lot. feelfree to show up

·
What the Hell is going on
5,137 Posts
Perry's Cafe?

atpjunkie said:
get together last weekend in Jan. 8 AM Old Town Trolley PArking lot. feelfree to show up
Is that near Perry's Cafe?

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
JaeP said:
Is that near Perry's Cafe?
Not sure about Perry's Cafe, but it's basically right where Rosecrans passes under I-5. Can't miss it!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Perry's , close enough

directly diagonal across the street. think 'towards the tracks'.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,137 Posts
Visual Geography

atpjunkie said:
directly diagonal across the street. think 'towards the tracks'.
Thanks atp. I was never really good at following directions or geography. I usually give directions via "distinctive" landmarks.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
8 AM Sat and Sunday

but ya better jump on NCD and introduce yerself

matt

·
pillage! plunder! 4 parts
179 Posts
Lots of options

You can ride Catalina out to the lighthouse or close to it if you don't want to pay the entrance. Turn around and ride down Canon street to North Harbor drive and wind around all the way to Imperial beach and up to Coronado. Catch the Ferry boat to Harbor drive and ride home. San Diego Road cycling book has it all laid out. Here is a poor quality layout of how to get to Rose Canyon bike path to get further north but it is a start. You can pick up the bike path next to the I-8 freeway to Pacific HWY and over to the Fiesta Island area vs riding SeaWorld drive or through Pacific Beach. Less traffic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts