Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned i will be in Bali in the fall and would love to go for a ride out there. unfortunately, the only thing google has shown me is more of the tour variety with commuter bikes. anyone know of an outfit that rents nicer bikes and runs a group ride there?
thanks!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I brought my own bike. It's pretty nice there (and cheap). They have lots of motorcycles and bicycles so it can be chaotic but I never felt unsafe.

·
Banned
697 Posts
I traveled with the Bike tour company named BackRoads on two cycling trips, in 96' around the Big Island in Hawaii and in 97' through northern Thailand's Golden Triangle region. The company has top of the line bikes and support along the way. If money is not a big issue you may want to consider them. They know their destinations well and choose the best routes to take.

When I signed up with this outfit in Thailand, I spent a few days on my own exploring and then joined them. Most of their trips are short and if you are going that far away it is worth spending additional time.

The prices may seem high, but they include all meals, support, bikes and take you to the best spots. I had a great time on both of my trips with them. The below link is for single trips. If you have no interest in using this company, you may get a lot of helpful info by finding out the routes they use for cycling and the places they stay.

Bali Biking Tour | Bali Bike Tour | Ubud Bike Vacation

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
If you're doing more than one ride and going road, bring your own. If not, just hire one from a hotel or cycle vendor although it will be hard to get a good road bike. MTB/hubrids are what are available. The roads there are in fairly good shape and as others have noted, there are lots of two wheeled vehicles so drivers of autos, buses and trucks are pretty aware. Stay in Ubud and go up north and to the west. The beaches down south are fine if you want to dive/snorkel or just see the beach and related action but I prefer it in central and above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.