Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Fahrrad fahren
234 Posts
Here's mine.

Willito said:
Anyone have any loops around 50 miles or so in the Deep Creek Lake area? I will be going up there in a couple of weeks and would love any input.
Thanks,
Willito
My in-laws go every year and we join them. I always bring the bike. Here is my favorite loop:

http://home.att.net/~jfgorham/07202005.htm

There are a lot of good rides. Just get a map and explore.

· Fahrrad fahren
234 Posts
Try it.

High Rouleur said:
Is that bike fixed? If so, God bless you, my friend. I'm terrified to take my fixie to the Lake. Those hills demand a much lower gear from my weak legs. :)

Take it, you might be suprised at what you can climb. I usually run a pretty low gear though, 40/17. The only place I had to walk was Ardsley Farm Rd. If you go counter clockwise on that loop you will be walking Oakland-Sang Run Rd. I always go clockwise now. You also can do shorter lakeside loops without the hills. 219 to Glendale to State Park Rd. to Rock Lodge Rd. Almost all right along the water, hardly any climbing. Glendale has no shoulder and more traffic than I like, but I've never had a problem. 219 north has climbs, but they are pretty gradual, and a big shoulder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.