Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be taking a trip next week and will be in Zurich Switzerland and Frankfurt Germany for a week with my time split between the two. This is a business trip but I am going to have alot of free time as well. Anyone know what the weather is like over there right now, and if it is possible to rent a bike and go for a spin? I'm in the middle of training and dont want to lose my edge. Thanks all.

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
Zurich's a great place to ride !

i am not sure about rental options from bike shops but in the middle of the city adjacent to the Bahnhoffstrasse they have hybrids and mtb's (100's). plonk down your passport or driver's license and a deposit of CHF$20 and you can have any for a day (till 6pm i think). yes it's free!!! they are all clean, with a lock, near new and well serviced.

lotsa bike paths around the lake and almost all roads are bike friendly. a cool short trip is over to a nearby town called Baden (great trails and nice rolling hills) as there are many sauna's, thermal springs, indoor pools and such. mostly old people trying to get healthy before they die but its a great place to chill and relax and a nice litle town for a spot of grub.

the only tricky thing in the centre of Zurich is the tram tracks but other than that a cyclist could have no complaint. its a beautiful city and its best enjoyed on 2 wheels.

ciao

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info. should i bring cycling gear like shoes and helmet? or is this a tennis shoe type of thing?

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
regular shoes - they have helmets NM

Nmnmnmnm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts