Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
I'm pretty sure that specialized also have a podcast as well as the disco race to replace podcast. Actually, if u do a quick search on iTunes podcasts regarding cycling, quite a few will come up

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
So it should really say "world's first cycling podcast recorded by me and promoted in three different forums on RBR then it would be correct.

:Yawn:

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
colnagoelvis said:
Or maybe, "First podcast recorded while riding a bike", would be more accurate. To distinguish it from any particular podcast 'about' cycling.
How did you control the wind noise?

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Nope sorry. Bikescape has done several podcast while riding. He even had one riding, while following and interviewing people that use bikes for working. http://bikescape.blogspot.com/

I think he's also ridden a couple of shows during critical mass, but I didn't listen to them as I don't have much interest in critical mass.

Kudos for doing a cycling podcast though. I'll have to check it out. I would love to do one... but I am nowhere near interesting enough to start a podcast. Heck, I tried a blog for a few weeks ago and it was so boring I didn't even read it.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
colnagoelvis said:
Hi!

I just posted the world's first cycling podcast. Go here to listen;

http://www.elviskennedy.com/page6/page6.html

It's a sound-seeing tour of one of my recent rides. If you spend time on your bike, you'll understand.

Please let me know what you think at elviskennedy at gmail.com.

Thanks, everyone!
no offense, but that was kinda like listening to an audio-only version of a beauty contest. You need the video to make it work IMO.

· Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments.

As far as contolling the wind noise here is what I did;

Used a small clip-on wireless mic. Put the foam wind sceren on it and one of these hairball looking wind 'trappers'. Then clipped it UNDER my jersey.

I had to turn the mic gain all of the way up to get good sound. It picked up the road and ambient noises this way but in the end I think that added to the experience.

It took a bit of mucking around to get decent sound without overloading the recorders inputs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.