Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Nope. I plan on letting the american express out for some work out come boxing day to help make myself feel better for crap x-mas presents

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nothing for me, but I went to the LBS Saturday and hung around for awhile. Some lucky guy was getting a new ride picked up for him by his son in law as a surprise from his wife.
The wife had told him that he couldn't get the bike a while back, a very nice gift indeed. Retail was I guess $3000.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Poor Marco Pantani, so fast, so doomed... I bet that's a good read. I also heard there is either a movie being made or released last summer? Anyone?

I got a sweat cover for my trainer bike, a new cycling cap, a cool poster to frame (1946 world championships, I believe) and craploads of tubes, CO2, and patch kits.

I went nuts this summer so I told my wife to go light on the biking stuff. My early christmas presents were a nice easton seatpost and a set of Rolf Vigor SL's (which are SO FAST!). Next frivolous purchases: time trial bike and a sweet new saddle.

PS - I want one of those aprons!

·
Registered
650 Posts
zipp 440 rear wheel, from my bike sponser (lovely wife) and a gift voucher at the LBS i must have been a very good boy, i gave my little brother a camelbak for his new MTB and my other brother gave him a saddle bag and multi tool he was nice and lucky this xmas. The fires have been put out and i can finaly ride again the best present of all!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Egg beaters pedals, and a pair of shoes (to small) to go with...
A mini pump, which I'm not sure how to mount to the bike, as it has no mounting bracket/cage.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
Bobke II, a nice fleece fill zip jersey, a 7 spd freewheel & chain to replace the 6 spd on my commuter.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
does this count?

View Sonic 19'' widescreen flat panel moniter so I can read this fourm without scrolling back and forth, and still have the font big enough for my old eyes to see.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
Bobke II, a nice fleece fill zip jersey, a 7 spd freewheel & chain to replace the 6 spd on my commuter.
Don't read Bobke II in public. I was dumb enough to read it in english class 3 weeks, and everyone would look at me when I'd randomly burst out laughing.
-estone2

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cyclist's Training Bible (Friel), Trainright Climbing training DVD, The Ultimate Ride (Carmichael), US Navy cycling jersey (Primal), gift certificate to Hincapie Sportswear, gift certificate to Carolina Triathlon (LBS), and a few Clif gels.

Oh, and for a gas, my wife framed a pic we took of me with Big George at a local nightclub a few months ago. She even put From: George H. on the tag. Jokester...

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
I'm going to Mallorca! Santa/esposa is sending me to the Stephan Roche cycling camp on the island of Mallorca, Spain for a week this spring. - TF

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.