Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
road kit

This being my first summer/fall riding I asked for a tool kit and tube and got them, but a day too late. After 31 miles of a 35 mile ride the day before Christmas I got my first flat.No tube, no kit. Today I get to learn how to change the tire. My ride is a Trek 1600.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
A pair of tires from a friend. Hutchinson Carbons. Bobke II, Triplets of Bellville and Postal Bus from my sister in law along with a pair of Bert and Ernie socks. My wife got a nice hooded jersey from our daughter. That was about all the cycling gear that showed up at our house.

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
-Continental "Hometrainer" rear trainer tire in garish orange/yellow for the roadbike.
-2 pairs Pearl-Izumi cycling socks.
-1 Specialized Shop Style pump
-2 Specialized Fast-Track Pro mountain bike tires for the MTB.
-Subscription to a cycling magazine renewed.

Excellent.

·
On your left
145 Posts
Just a new pair of winter gloves. I'd already bought myself a fork for the mtb on eBay and a vintage Olmo project bike from a thrift store, so I didn't ask much from Mrs. Santa.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Pantani Made for TV Movie

Yes, a made for TV movie is being made for RAI, the Italian national network. To be released in Spring. Rolando Ravello ("The Consequence of Love") will play Pantani, with Nicoletta Romanoff ("Remember Me, My Love") as Pantani's girlfriend.

The film is being developed from the bestselling book on Pantani, "A Tragic Hero," published by Mondadori.

You can find some photos of the filming here:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/nov06/nov01news

GarbanzoBeanSnafu said:
Poor Marco Pantani, so fast, so doomed... I bet that's a good read. I also heard there is either a movie being made or released last summer? Anyone?

I got a sweat cover for my trainer bike, a new cycling cap, a cool poster to frame (1946 world championships, I believe) and craploads of tubes, CO2, and patch kits.

I went nuts this summer so I told my wife to go light on the biking stuff. My early christmas presents were a nice easton seatpost and a set of Rolf Vigor SL's (which are SO FAST!). Next frivolous purchases: time trial bike and a sweet new saddle.

PS - I want one of those aprons!

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
My family wouldn't know what bike stuff to get - but I did a gift exchange with some women cyclist friends and got some toe covers and a mini-shop stand.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A few odds and ends

Soma shoe covers, water bottles and small seat bag. Swobo short sleeve wool jersey - it rocks! Smartwool socks. NiteRider blinking rear light. And, got to ride before heading to Mexico where I'm at now sans bikes, gear and xmas gifts :(

·
your god hates me
1,570 Posts
My sister says she sent us a gift certificate to our favorite (not-so-)LBS, but we haven't received it yet so don't know what we'll be able to get with it.

My birthday was just 2 weeks ago, so the missus got me all the bike related stuff for that (Performance Toasties, Gator booties, Bellweather earwarmer, & Canari Arrogant Bastard Ale cycling jersey), for xmas she got me a new guitar.

I got her Zinn & The Art Of Road Bike Maintenance...which means I really got it for myself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got a grand total of one gift, and that was from my wife:

A hooded sweatshirt.

I wasn't expecting much, but a hooded sweatshirt?

So, to compensate, I bought myself a nice Arc'teryx insulated jacket for skiing and climbing, and some PI Gavia tights and jacket for riding.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My friends and family have learned to not buy me bike stuff for presents. If I want it...i've already got it. I did get a couple of new tooth brushes in my stocking. Since my wife and I just got electric tooth brushes, I can use these to clean my chain...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Masi-Rider said:
My friends and family have learned to not buy me bike stuff for presents. If I want it...i've already got it. I did get a couple of new tooth brushes in my stocking. Since my wife and I just got electric tooth brushes, I can use these to clean my chain...
:eek: You are using an electric tooth brush to clean your chain?!?!?! :eek:

:thumbsup: You are truly hardcore!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The wife got me a book, "Bicycle Repair Manual" and a DVD "Bike Garage". Now I will become a true bike machanic!!! I will have my old MTB taken completely apart in a matter of hours. Then when I can't get it back together, I'll have my trusty LBS to put together what I screwed up! Actually they are both quite good!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got:

2 water bottles
2 CO2 cartridges
3 pairs cycling socks

On the other hand my GF got:

1 cyling jersey
1 pair cycling socks
1 pair Specialized winter gloves
1 pair " half-finger gloves (Team Gerolsteiner)
1 pair " slim shims for her brake levers
1 pair Look Keo Sprint pedals (grey)
1 2007 Giro Atmos (crystal blue/silver)
1 pair Specialized BG Womens Pro Road Shoes

I was like WTH, but then I remembered that it was me who gave her all that stuff :D

·
Beatchin' Technology
372 Posts
Santa left me the same Pantani book as OP, Lake Cycling boots for commuting and a custom wool (Portland Cycle, Chad) red Rutgers Ultimate jersey with a phat white "R" on the back. Have read about half of Rendell's Pantani book already, did 78 miles in the jersey and will try the boots in a cold Thursday commute.

For Christmas, 2/3 of the stable got cleaned and lubed. Also, new hooks in the ceiling so they could hang together and complain about how fat I am getting over the holiday.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.