Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
41,018 Posts
a set of chemical, peel and stick toewarmers (I highly recommend them) and I bought myself another Brooks B-17 N with some x-mas money.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
2 gift cards for the bike shop, a copy of "The Noblest Invention" and I bought my buddy who got me that a copy of "The Golden Age of Bicycles" which I get to trade with him when I'm done. As his wife said, "So you guys essentially got two books." Right on.

I got myself a new commuter bike a month before Christmas. Life is good

Ice Man

·
Registered
239 Posts
esenkay said:
I got:

2 water bottles
2 CO2 cartridges
3 pairs cycling socks

On the other hand my GF got:

1 cyling jersey
1 pair cycling socks
1 pair Specialized winter gloves
1 pair " half-finger gloves (Team Gerolsteiner)
1 pair " slim shims for her brake levers
1 pair Look Keo Sprint pedals (grey)
1 2007 Giro Atmos (crystal blue/silver)
1 pair Specialized BG Womens Pro Road Shoes

I was like WTH, but then I remembered that it was me who gave her all that stuff :D
If I was a chick, I'd hit it!
But then again im a gear *****.

·
Registered
325 Posts
estone2 said:
Don't read Bobke II in public. I was dumb enough to read it in english class 3 weeks, and everyone would look at me when I'd randomly burst out laughing.
-estone2
Bobke would rather you get good grades and into college...but after you start college, he'd probably respect your "independent study."

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
cptab said:
Bobke would rather you get good grades and into college...but after you start college, he'd probably respect your "independent study."
ROTF!!!:D :D :D

I'm 64 in a couple of days. I've got a masters plus more than 40. Hahaha! I'm done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lessee, I got a pair of Santini SuperRoubaix bib tights, a PI Kodiak Light jersey, PI shoe covers, PI Zephhr jacket, a weight bench and weights so I don't have to buy gym memberships anymore (yahoo!), a Bell Sweep R in CSC colors, a pair of PI Gel Lite Race gloves in red (my fave color), and these... (they are on the way, drool...). I was pretty darn good this year!!

Mark
"Riding IS mental health"!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trek Madone SL frameset

Man I have a great wife!! I got a Trek Madone SL frameset and a couple Tour dvds. O.K., it's not like she surprised me with them but she did approve the purchase! She's the best, and hot!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Full Blown set of park tools

I opened the Park tool school book and thought "...cool book, but i have no tools to do it all." Then after the kids were done, the wife said, wait one more... then busted out the toolbox, fully loaded.
And the park tool school at the LBS... the gift that keeps on giving....

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
cptab said:
I was doing it for class. They told us to read a book about a hero. I was like "Sh!t, all the cycling books are about Armstrong..." (Nothing against Armstrong, I just don't like his approach of "Tour Only"). The LBS... local book store (?) didn't have anything on Merckx but they had Bobke II. So while everyone read dry and boring books about Ghandi, I was rolling on the floor laughing reading my book. It only took 2 days to read, actually. I just kept reading it in English because we weren't done with the unit, and I was having too much fun reading Bobke II, so I kept rereading it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I can top (?) that

Uncle Jam's Army said:
I got a grand total of one gift, and that was from my wife:

A hooded sweatshirt.

I wasn't expecting much, but a hooded sweatshirt?

So, to compensate, I bought myself a nice Arc'teryx insulated jacket for skiing and climbing, and some PI Gavia tights and jacket for riding.
My wife bought me a scarf. Yes, a scarf. Last year, she gave me a Six13 with Chorus and K's. The year before that she gave me a Giant TCR 0 Comp also with Chorus and K's. Do you see a pattern here?

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Three pairs cycling socks, a Rabobank water bottle, a new short sleeve jersey, new tights, a year subscription to CycleSport, and the okay from the wife to purchase a few cycling items.

·
Folsom City Blues...
5,917 Posts
I'm waiting on a pair of Rudy Project shades and some Sidi Genius 5.5 HT cabon shoes. Happy Happy New Year to all...

Peace

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
mvnbykes said:
Lessee, I got a pair of Santini SuperRoubaix bib tights, a PI Kodiak Light jersey, PI shoe covers, PI Zephhr jacket, a weight bench and weights so I don't have to buy gym memberships anymore (yahoo!), a Bell Sweep R in CSC colors, a pair of PI Gel Lite Race gloves in red (my fave color), and these... (they are on the way, drool...). I was pretty darn good this year!!

Mark
"Riding IS mental health"!
those are sweet looking shoes.......what is the model name of them...:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are Sidi's new Genius 6.6. I ordered the Genius 5.5 in Titanium, but they were out, so they offered me these for an extra $30.00. I just got the CSC Sweep R so it will match great. Can't wait until they get here!

Mark

·
Registered
377 Posts
My wife got me a set of Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels in red to complete my bike rebuild, and I got her a pair of Sidi Genius 5 shoes. It's very cool having a wife who races!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Under Armor skull cap, PI socks,PI arm warmers, PI knee warmers, FSA K-Force light seatpost and FSA K-Wing handlebar -- and that was just from my mother in law.

I also got two Arundel carbon bottle cages and Zero Gravity brakes. And I'll probably get a trainer later this week.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.