Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am struggling with finding the right shoes to complement my road bike. I am using an older style pedal and cleat system at the moment called "the frog" by speedplay. It uses a two bolt design. Seems like most cycling shoes are either 3 bolt road specific or some version of 2 bolt mountain specific. I was ideally looking for something that looks more like a sneaker and less like a ski boot (with all the wires and clips and protrusions and so forth). I guess my question is twofold: 1) can you use shoes for road biking that say that are specifically for mountain biking in their product descriptions and 2) is there a good road specific shoe out there that isn't insanely expensive AND is a 2 bolt model (as opposed to 3)? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
All my bike shoes are Mtn Bike Shoes, I have 1 MBike & 5 other ROAD/GRAVEL bikes. There is a very similar thread from a couple of weeks ago about all this and it is somewhat entertaining.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I question whether you can use the 'frog' system on mtn bike shoes, you have to use 'road' shoes IMO. To change to a shoe without a rock on the bottom of your foot, you going to have to change to SPD's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts