Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Bicycling has changed my
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a tattoo of a chain, or sprocket, or maybe a bike as a part of my 1/4 sleeve I am starting. Anyone have any cycling tattoos?

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Hollywood said:
mmmm... 1/4 sleeves

// but what will it look like when you're 80?

// first!
oreos, milk and a BJ.....pretty much an unbeatable trifecta

/ second11

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
I got a pro team jersey and shorts tattooed on my body. I can ride naked and most people don't notice.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
I have a chain ring on my right calf.. I like it. That is all that matters to me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm thinking, not very seriously, about a chain around my ankle. A very detailed Shimano HG chain (aka, uber cool and not generic, plus easily covered in the event I need to look professional-like). However, most of the people I know say ankle tattoos on guys look, at best, flamboyantly gay. NTTAWWT. Can the lounge weigh in on this?

·
It's not easy being green
314 Posts
I haven't seen alot of ankle tats on guys. How about a chainring on the outside calf, that would look cool.

·
Proud luddite
7,183 Posts
How about a 1980's Campy logo right smack on your forehead? I don't know if anyone's done that before....be a trendsetter!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,409 Posts
Maybe is you get a big tat on your chest, you can hook up with her,

·
9,790 Posts
deathride2010 said:
I am thinking about getting a tattoo of a chain, or sprocket, or maybe a bike as a part of my 1/4 sleeve I am starting. Anyone have any cycling tattoos?
Oh, well, that's original.....

How about some random bearings, a set of training wheels, and a Park workstand instead? Be different (just like everyone else)....

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
So last century.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
lancezneighbor said:
Tattoos are lame.
Not all, but it takes a good sense of taste to do a good one. My son has a really nice one on his upper arm of the Big Island. It means a lot to him (he lived there for 4 years and he and his wife cemented their relationship there) and that's part of what makes a good tattoo but it doesn't guarantee a good one. I'm sure this tattoo meant a lot to this person, too.

·
Fat and slow but trying
963 Posts
I have some scarification from my chain ring on the back of my right calf if that counts for anything.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
catzilla said:
I dig my husband's. It's a compass rose with an uber-subtle cog in the center.

Oh, and he's got a little bruise in this picture too.

cool. So he always knows what direction his leg is pointing. Art that's also practical. Good plan.

it appears you two like it rough. nttawwt

1 - 20 of 55 Posts