Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Asking about tattoos on a forum is gonna get you in trouble.. People that don't like them nay say against them and people that like them give you the thumbs up..

Bottom line.. DO WHAT YOU LIKE. :)

Doesn't matter what any one of us thinks about your choice. Just remember.. it'll stay with you forever. That right there is the best advice I can give.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,268 Posts
Chain said:
He has a ton of chainring tattoos, and a whole bunch more in the works.

So, when he gets old, they'll all look like Biopace?!
FAIL!

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Tig said:
So, when he gets old, they'll all look like Biopace?!
FAIL!
Some have said that biospace will make him faster.:thumbsup: , but it's just a theory.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
Chain said:
Try this guys site for a bunch of ideas

He has a ton of chainring tattoos, and a whole bunch more in the works.

i kinda like this idea for cycling tattoos. there's definitely some cool old chainwheels out there.

Joel's a cool guy. I road with him on a couple vintage bike rides a few years ago when he still lived in the SF bay area. someone that could definitely pull it off.

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
Get a nautical star. they are rare.

I've got something I drew myself on my bicep, brother, 2 cousins, all have something similiar. We're all very very close, and got something family related but done differently on all of us and in different spots. Don't have any pics of all 4 of em together anymore, lost em on my old pc when it died, but look great. Just make sure it's something you really want, and enjoy.

Also holy **** that's alot of chainrings.

also also....Are Trek's good tattoos?

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Your tattoo is too high....

·
On the wrong floor again
1,133 Posts
I have two tatt's and like both of them very much. If you ever met me, you'd never know I had them which I like. I think a tat of a bike is cool. I like the tour of ireland's logo, the clover with the top of the clover as a rider. I'd get that if they weren't already using it.

Here's what you do: Find what you want, hang a pic of it where you'll see it everyday. If you like it after 6 months then go get it done, that way you'll know if you will regret it.

Tim

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
Creakyknees said:
ever wonder why so many people who get bike related tattoos, are not in very good shape?
if you mean Joel, i think he's in pretty good shape. anyone who rides the PBP i would think is in pretty good shape. as for others... i don't know.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
catzilla said:
I dig my husband's. It's a compass rose with an uber-subtle cog in the center.

Oh, and he's got a little bruise in this picture too.

Love the Vans. Had the same ones back in the day.

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
Don't have any, but to echo some other comments, it should have some personal significance for you as you'll be staring at it for a long time. In addition to the campy logo, some of my faves are a Boone Ti SS cog, the one Phil Wood's granddaughter sports, and my avatar.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts