Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate a recommendation on cycling tights. In the past I wore the Performance polypropylene/Lycra brand tights. I do not think that they are offered anymore. Would Lycra/nylon be warm enough in temperatures above 32 degrees?

Thanks

·
Burnum Upus Quadricepus
2,017 Posts
For cooler weather, nothing beats a nice set of windfront tights with an articulated knee.

Regular tights just filter the breeze on its way through, and plain knees bind in the front and bunch in the back.

Brand isn't nearly as important to me as those two features. My personal preference is bib tights without a pad.

·
Pack Fodder.
1,871 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I've road lots of tights over the years (over 20) and i have to say that the nicest for fall riding, when it might be cold when you start and gets warmer as the day goes by is still wool tights. I wear my cycling shorts under them, and nothing breathes like wool.

Anyway thats my 2 cents. Smart wool mikes some nice ones.

Bill

·
Registered
409 Posts
I bought some Assos Bibknickers and absolutely LOVE them. The chamy is so comfy and they are very warm. Expensive as hell, but I'm very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I like Sugoi's windproof and Rapha's winter tights. Rapha has new Deep Winter tights this year. They're windproof now. I also prefer bib tights with no chamois so I can wear my favorite shorts under them.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
foxwear.net

His clothes have been terrific for me and everyone I know who wears Lou's clothing also. Plus the prices are excellent.

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Question: What is the reason to buy cold weather bib knickers and not bib tights? They have thermal bib knickers but being a knicker means part of your legs are exposed. I mean, is it cold outside or not?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts