Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you fast forward without losing audio?

I remember previous years either having audio or video after playing with the FF.

At least this year, all the CLICK noise has been minimized.

I'm hoping that lady doesn't come on with that talking advertisement in the background that blasts me out of my chair.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bas said:
How do you fast forward without losing audio?

I remember previous years either having audio or video after playing with the FF.

At least this year, all the CLICK noise has been minimized.

I'm hoping that lady doesn't come on with that talking advertisement in the background that blasts me out of my chair.
Was watching the full race.

bam, crash hard.

about 20k left i get 'schedule broadcast off air'..and now trying to get back in, very VERY slow to reload anything in.

WTF.

now I will have to restart from the beginning?

i'm about to give up.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bas said:
now I will have to restart from the beginning?

i'm about to give up.

It appears I have better luck on my laptop with IE 7.0 and Vista.

Jumping around in the video timeline works.

It does not work in ie 6 on Windows XP.

Only issue on my laptop is I went through about 4 different browsers before I got to get the cycling up (cycling.tv keeps opening new windows!!..stop it!)

and this msmxl5 kept putting me in a loop - i kept trying to run the activex control, but i could only get past it when i denied it. go figure.

i guess i'll have to tune in later to watch the final crashes of stage 3 giro.

i'm needing sleep now..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Cycling.tv is a technological disaster. It's a shame because I enjoy listening to commentary from Anthony and Brian, a nice change of pace from Phil and Paul who I equally like.

Two days in a row now that I struggle to get a viewable feed from the Giro which I paid for (on the Versus subscription) -- and when I succeed after 10 minutes in getting the feed, it then freezes up (no, it's not that I've chosen a datarate that's too big for my computer). I ended up watching the picture-perfect feed from the Norwegians which takes 15 seconds to download. I don't understand a word but at least I can figure out what is going on, especially when the Italian TV feed the Norwegians are capturing show messages like "inseguitori" (chase group) or "gruppo compatto" (bunch together/break caught).

I will ask for my money back if the same problems arise on cycling.tv on tomorrow's stage 5.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I regret purchasing the Giro subscription...I haven't been able to view the live feed at all earlier today, it just showed off the air. Not to mention the site itself is incredibly slow and logging in takes *minutes* to complete.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
zpl said:
I regret purchasing the Giro subscription...I haven't been able to view the live feed at all earlier today, it just showed off the air. Not to mention the site itself is incredibly slow and logging in takes *minutes* to complete.
zpl, same thing happened to me today and yesterday. Tomorrow is judgment day for cycling.tv in my book -- if the same shenanigans transpire, I am getting a refund on the US$29.99 Giro subscription.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am having even worse issues, I try to get my as live video on demand and it asks me to log in again, when I do, it says that I am not subscribed even though my e-mail receipt and bank account say I am. I have e-mailed them last night and haven't heard a thing back... The money isn't the issue; I have used them for three years now and could put up with things because I could actually see the race, not this year though. grrr!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
cycling.tv's coverage, when it works is great. too bad that's probably 1 day out of every seven.

I've resorted to either 1) watching it for free on RAI in italian or 2) listening to the feed on eurosport. CBS streams the masters and NCAA tourney for free and there are no issues (ok, they have a much bigger budget but its free). Spending $30 isnt the issue - its the fact that they sell it and it doesnt work.

When I've contacted cycling.tv about the issues, the responses have always been "it's a prototcol issue. change your settings." I've got a better idea. FIX YOUR SETTINGS!!!!

Rant over - back to learning italian.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
Watching the Giro right now on
mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
turn the audio down and open this-
mms://ulswmod003.bcst.uls.yahoo.com/slot016?StreamID=42339832%26pl_auth=b64a59543684ff38cf7d809706d8166%26ht=30%26b=dnsd
on winamp, and you are set. FREE..

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rkb said:
Watching the Giro right now on
mms://mms-icanal-live.online.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
turn the audio down and open this-
mms://ulswmod003.bcst.uls.yahoo.com/slot016?StreamID=42339832%26pl_auth=b64a59543684ff38cf7d809706d8166%26ht=30%26b=dnsd
on winamp, and you are set. FREE..
how the F* did you find that Eurosport audio link?

I can't find anything on their website to get that to me.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Cycling.tv "Log-in Failure" -- Stage 13

Anyone else getting a "log-in failure" message in trying to log in for today's stage 13?? This sucks! :mad2:

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Occasionally get an "Internal Site Error" on log in, but it usually works the 2nd or third time.

Anyone remember the kids games from way back called Crazy Clock and Mouse Trap? That's what I think of every time I log on to CyclingTV. It seems to work almost all of the time for me, the path you have to take to get there is rather unorthodox.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.