Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been on for a few days and am extremely pleased. I've watched L-B-L and am currently watching the Tour of Romandie. I paid $34.95 and it's well worth it.

The interface is clunky and I have a few questions:

What time does the coverage start? It says 7:00 GMT. What is that in Pacific time?

What is the schedule for the day?? For example, what is showing today after the Tour of Romandie? It seems that other random shows just start playing.

I've watched stuff on Premium archive. What I've seen is very choppy.

Finally, the Giro, it looks like I have to pay another $20 for it? But I'm using the same browser?

francois

p.s. here's a photo of the coverage in my computer. That's Robbie winning today.

·
goodbye fraudriguez
387 Posts
time keeps on ticking ....

The posted start times are GMT - 4:00, and Eastern USA is GMT - 5:00. Pacific time is GMT - 8:00 (3 hours behind the east coast) so 4 hours behind the reference times listed.

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, also the same time as London, I believe.

Pull up the time settings in the control panel of your computer and it will make more sense.

The picture quality will vary depending on the data rate of your internet connection, and you may have to run the speed detection program in the premium viewer if you are dropping the picture. However, the pictures that I have seen have never been as good a cable TV.

·
Registered
156 Posts
mountaineer said:
The posted start times are GMT - 4:00, and Eastern USA is GMT - 5:00. Pacific time is GMT - 8:00 (3 hours behind the east coast) so 4 hours behind the reference times listed.

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, also the same time as London, I believe.

Pull up the time settings in the control panel of your computer and it will make more sense.

The picture quality will vary depending on the data rate of your internet connection, and you may have to run the speed detection program in the premium viewer if you are dropping the picture. However, the pictures that I have seen have never been as good a cable TV.
I too am trying to figure out Cycling TV. According to their site, the Giro coverage is listed as:

06 May 2006 06:30 (GMT -7:00)

I am on Pacific time...does that mean 6:30am Pacific (I'm in CA)? I recall previous TDF and Giros were televised live around 6am Pacific. I did check out my Control Panel time settings and Arizona is listed as GMT -7:00...so I'm not sure what that 06:30 means on their listing??

Also, though I don't mind paying $19.99 for the Giro / OLN coverage, it should have included all their Premium stuff as well. Two separate fees seems to be alot. Love to see Jan in action right now at the ToR.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
BarryG said:
We're in daylight savings, so eastern USA is GMT - 4 and pacific USA is GMT - 7
On the right in "Premium Live" schedule it shows correct time for your time zone.

For example, Tour of Romandie is at 9:15 local time (CST, which is GMT -5:00).
WHat I want to know is how to skip the ads. As hillarious as I find Dave Z saying in his best surfer-style "This is Dave Z... if you take out your credit card, pay a little extra... who wouldn't want to watch more of Dave Z" or "Halo cycling tivoo" by Basso. Or Cancellara saying "you.... are... watching... cycling tv.... (longer pause)... premium!". Or "Halo, Ich bin Jens Voigt..."
I already paid, dammit. Just show me some cycling.

G

·
Do you get higher data rates when you buy Premium? My DSL service runs around 3.3Mb/s, yet when I watch archived footage I only get ~1.2Mb/s...

And yes, I've downloaded large files (500MB+) at sustained rates of 3Mb/s.

·
Get me to In&Out
5,419 Posts
Any way to download the files if you have the premium service? I rarely am able to watch events live and would love to toss them on a dvd and watch them on my trainer or on a plane ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.