Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey race fans, looks like cycling.tv is beefing up their schedule and will be showing some pretty big races live, including the Amstel Gold classic and stage races like the Tour de Suisse. Some of it will take a premium to watch but ! have no problem with that. I want to see some live racing again!

Check out this email I got:

The wait is over! Over the winter months the team at Cycling.tv has been preparing for our biggest season yet! We said last year that we would bring you more live action, more news and more insight into the world of cycling. All that is about to come true!

Here is our schedule of racing that is already secured. We will be updating you as more events are brought on. This season, enjoy the belgian classics, the build up races to the Tours and join our team for the daily news from the peleton. Cycling.tv is about to get bigger, better and more exciting. The launch of our dedicated 5 channel network is only days away!

The racing starts this week with highlights of today’s (Sunday 19th Feb) Classic Haribo leading up to our first live race, Omloop Het Volk. Don't miss it! We also hope to have some Tour of California action next week…

Live Race Schedule February – June 2006.

1. SATURDAY FEBRUARY 25th

Omloop Het Volk. FREE LIVE The Belgian season’s opening Classic. All the top pro tour teams in action. 2 Hours Live. Check the channel for your local start time. The times featured on your screen is your start time. Providing your browsers time is set correctly.

2. SUNDAY FEBRUARY 26th

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne. FREE LIVE Last year saw a memorable victory for George Hincapie as he battled the Flandrian snow and ice. Can he repeat the feat? Check the channel for your local start time.

The launch of our Premium Channel

This week, Cycling.tv launches our new premium channel. Our aim is to bring you most races live and free. Our premium channel will bring you added value, more races, unique rider interviews and the opportunity to win special prizes, only available to subscribers. We have over 20 Rapha Soft Shell jackets worth over $400 to give away. Check out http://www.rapha.cc to see what you could win!

Our future race programme

Why not put these races in your diary now! All these events are in the LIVE IN 2006 section. Scroll forward for dates. Our live race action includes:

From Belgium in March and April:

Dwars door Vlaanderen

E3 Prijs Vlaanderen

Fleche Brabanconne

Three Days of De Panne – 3 Days Live

Gent-Wevelgem

Amstel Gold Race

Major Pro Tour Action:

The Tour of Romandie – 6 Days Live

The Tour de Suisse – 9 Days Live

Criterium Dauphine Libere – 8 Days Live

All of these will be free and live! You will not miss a moment of the action!

Highlights will be archived and available all year round on the Cycling.tv Annual Subscription Premium Channel.

The cycling.tv daily news show

As if our live race programme was not enough. Cycling.tv will bring you a new daily news show, live from our new studio and on location throughout the year. Make sure you launch Cycling.tv at 6pm CET for our dedicated cycling show.

E-mail: [email protected]

·
What offseason?
534 Posts
laxman said:
Is this a joke??? Cycling TV???
Umm... no cycling.tv is a website that has a fairly substantial amount of online bike racing content - they covered a bunch of races last year including a few free live races. Kurne-Brussels-Kurne was live & free last year showing Hincapie's win.

http://www.cycling.tv

·
Registered
482 Posts
So I have been watching this since seeing this post & it is great!
I registered expecting a fee but no fee?
When you said at a premium where do I find the fees?
Thanks

·
returning newbie
23 Posts
I have been watching cycling.tv for over a year now and it is the best thing going. They show alot of 2nd tier European races as well, alot of them British. Alot of taped races too, which I don't mind at all, given the shoddy coverage cycling gets here in The States.

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good for trainer time

Cycling.tv saved me this winter. I hate riding on the trainer, but when I can pull up some old races and watch them for free, I'm game. I have no trouble putting in an hour on the trainer when there is some good cycling action to watch.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flying said:
So is it totally free then?
So far I am digging it & have not been asked to pay for anything.
They try to put as much free content on as possible. Once in a while tho they'll have a live event or movie in which they charge a fee but I think must of their programming winds up archived so if you're willing to wait you can watch most races free. They'll announce if anything costs a premium.

They're pretty humble right now but they definitely are working hard and showing steady improvement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts