Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
botanical guru
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to this site? Anyone actually ordered a jersey or bibs form here and actually like it? I do realize these are not the real deal but I'm wondering if the material is uuber cheesy and is not the best at wicking?? My guess is that for $27/short sleeved jersey, I'm going to receive $27 worth of crappy quality fabric. Is that the case? Can anyone prove me wrong? I also feel weird getting a team jersey that is not "real". I don't really think anyone would be able to tell unless the fit is horrid and ridiculously noticeable.

·
Registered
414 Posts
A friend of mine just ordered a set from here and said they were great. I'm considering trying them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Based on the price and delivery time, IMHO these come from Asia and most likely knock offs.
Of course that may not bother you, but then again a reputable supplier would give more info about them.

I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cycling-jersey.net

Cycling-jersey.net----No, thank you! Big mistake! "You get what you pay for".
This is my experience: I ordered a cycling set from them. It looked nice on pictures. I took 4 weeks to finally receive my order. Guess what!... The quality was very poor & cheap, it was ordinary/horrible stuff, the jersey was too small I couldn't use it & gave to my nephew, the shorts and jersey are quickly fading, and the whole set is just tearing up... When I first contacted them about the jersey being too small, I just never heard from them again... Please, do not make a huge mistake; with these people "you get what you pay for"; make the effort of adding a couple of extra bucks and you'll get better quality... Believe me!

·
Registered
110 Posts
alizarra46 said:
This is my experience: I ordered a cycling set from them. It looked nice on pictures. I took 4 weeks to finally receive my order. Guess what!... The quality was very poor & cheap, it was ordinary/horrible stuff, the jersey was too small I couldn't use it & gave to my nephew, the shorts and jersey are quickly fading, and the whole set is just tearing up... When I first contacted them about the jersey being too small, I just never heard from them again... Please, do not make a huge mistake; with these people "you get what you pay for"; make the effort of adding a couple of extra bucks and you'll get better quality... Believe me!
Cheap stuff not to mention Chinese chamois are like sand paper.:cryin:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd stay away from the shorts. But, cheap jerseys from ebay or this site (sourced no doubt from the same Chinese factory) are fine. They tend to run a bit small.

Yeah, they're "copies" and not the real thing. But, then again, just where do you think PI, Nike etc garments are made?

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
alizarra46 said:

You have one post.. you registered on this forum for the sole purpose of disuading others not to buy from this site?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
do you guys know how good the chinese (and the rest of asia) are at replicating and manufacturing?? you will not be able to tell the difference between these and anything costing double it from america. Just look at the carbon bottle cages on ebay, 2 for $24 shipped. i bought 2 and they each weigh a SUPER LIGHT 18g. my LOOK bottle cages that cost $50 weigh 25g. And no, they have not cracked in the year that i've owned them and i use fat frozen polar insulated bottles

·
Registered
58 Posts
My jersey and bib shorts review

Service

I paid $56 for a jersey and bib shorts, shipped. They took 4 weeks to arrive, too long in my opinion. The seller blamed the delay on China's National Day holidays October 1-5 but others have reported 4 weeks delivery time so expect that.

Out of the box

The jersey and bib shorts appeared to be in good condition, while there were several loose threads the design and colors looked as advertised. Both came with CooLMaX labels and the jersey had thinner side-panels under the arms for better ventilation, a nice touch. The bib shorts appeared nicer than I expected, with a 2-part pad labeled "CooLMaX Fashion." The bib upper was a thin white mesh and the side and upper rear panels used a slightly lighter/shinier shade of black that looked nice.

After one ride

The jersey, size medium, fits okay but both the torso and arm length are slightly short compared to my medium Primal jerseys which fit me well. Unfortunately the elastic bands on the arms and at the waist are too tight, which causes the arms and waist to bunch up a bit, so they wear even shorter. The shorter torso is not a problem but the arms show about 1/2" of upper arm that's never seen the sun. Otherwise the sizing is fine so I believe a large would be too big.

Putting the bib shorts on the pad felt a little large, and it folded awkwardly so that walking was an interesting experience, maybe that'll improve as I wear them more. The shoulder straps were snug but felt good. I normally wear small bibs since I like a very snug fit but I ordered these in medium since I'd heard they ran small. The medium's fit fine, small would probably work too but the shoulder straps might be too tight.

The lighter color lycra on the side panels and upper rear is not totally opaque, so skin can just barely be seen through them under bright light. Not a problem on the side panels but the upper rear comes down enough that butt crack might be visible in bright sunlight.

After riding about an hour I noticed some abrasion from the pad. I examined the pad and there's a 3/16" wide seam between the two parts of the pad. My favorite Hincapie bib's pad has a welded seam there, however I notice my De Soto 400 mile shorts and Voler shorts both have sewn seams. Unfortunately the cycling-jersey pad has a much rougher seam than those two, and it seems to be a bit raised, noticeably thicker than other parts of the pad. The seam may not be a problem for some riders or saddles, but I ride an SMP saddle where my weight is on my sit bones and the seam appears to cross there. Perhaps it will flatten out after some riding but I won't be wearing these on longer rides, though maybe some extra chamois cream might smooth them out.

I'll follow up with a long term report later.
Mark

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the report

The good or bad about Bib shorts is that in 1 maybe 2 or 3 rides you know the story. I've returned Pearl shorts when they changed pads. The old ones were perfect so they had to go and ruin it by making then feel like I was wearing Depends.

Same true for Jerseys, sometimes elastic is too tight or in a run then make them a bit tighter or as you stated the sleeves shorter.

I bought a few pairs of bib shorts last year from Voler in Red & Green. I loved them except when I sweated I looked like I peed in them as the sweat ran down my body to my crotch. My wife said they had to go. I returned one and the other I save for my trainer or under winter tights.

Sadly this may not be your option, but enjoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to advise people to use caution with that site. They shipped part of my order ok but the second half I have been waiting for since Nov 3rd and it is now Jan 14.

Initially they asked for patience, then claimed holiday rush. Now seems to be doing
nothing. Even after at least 10 emails back and forth.

The tracking has said the package was prepared to leave China Nov 13 and has had
no change since.

In January one email suggested I pay for "express" shipping next time! lol.

STAY AWAY is all I can suggest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
STAY AWAY!!! Possible SCAM SITE!!!!!!! I have also placed an order in Nov 2010 and have not yet received anything....

Communication is good but 12 weeks and counting for delivery???? i want my money back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I FINALLY got the second part to my order a few days ago. They offered to give 5% off shipping next time but I will never order from them again. Nearly 3 Months to complete an order is not exceptable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scam Site

I ordered back in November 2010 and still have not received my order. The tracking just says IN PORTEE. Evidently it is supposed to be coming from China but who knows when. Whenever I ask customer service I get a jumbled message in improper English saying it is on its way. I am trying to get a refund through PayPal but so far nothing. I will probably end up losing my money but a valuable lesson learned. Do not order from this site. It is a Chinese rip off operation.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
ChrisFP said:
I FINALLY got the second part to my order a few days ago. They offered to give 5% off shipping next time but I will never order from them again. Nearly 3 Months to complete an order is not exceptable.
Complain to USPS and your homeland security on this.
Seriously all this whining from you US based members about OS based webshops "scamming" you because stuff has been taking so long to get to you is retarded.
Why dont you actually do a search and you will see that it is your own countries security measures that are the real problem here.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I can't speak for cyclingjersey.net, but I've ordered from a few places on ebay and most recently http://www.mupicycling.com. It got to me in 4 days (to Canada)! The US is experiencing some major delays at the moment due to security concerns

Overall, I'm happy with the quality of their clothing. The sizing tends to run a little small, so if you are between sizes, choose the larger size.

They certainly are fakes, but

1 - 20 of 21 Posts