Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
burdiman said:
Shoot I can't login or get the stream. Was watching Stage 1 highlights and then switched over at 6am (west coast) and kaput.

Anyone else having problems??
Same issue. I think their servers are getting slammed. I had no issue on Sat's live stream. Today, nothing. Sucks, I've already missed 41 mins of live coverage.

EDIT - Cycling TV now posting that the Race has been delayed due to Bad Weather:

The Giro d'Italia 2006 LIVE NOW!
Bad weather in Italy - Race coverage delayed.
Road Racing / Grand Tour
Today! 08 May 2006 05:50 (GMT -7:00)

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
A4B45200 said:
EDIT - Cycling TV now posting that the Race has been delayed due to Bad Weather:

The Giro d'Italia 2006 LIVE NOW!
Bad weather in Italy - Race coverage delayed.
Road Racing / Grand Tour
Today! 08 May 2006 05:50 (GMT -7:00)
Bad weather in ITALY?

They're in Belgium! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
International weather in Brussels only shows that they are having light rain with a temp of 50 degrees F. Nice chilly ride for them this afternoon. Winds are out of the South at 18 mph at 3:20 p.m. local time. Route starts out NE today then heads straight S into the wind and rain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Live video unavailable

Eurosport just confirmed that no live pictures are making it through due to weather concerns, and that apparently the Belgian army's communications were being interfered with.

So it is not just a cycling.tv/narrowstep problem.

Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm currently listening to the Eurosport audio feed. Apparently, the helicopters are grounded due to bad weather and the bike feeds are interfeering with some Belgian military frequencies so they were asked to stop the transmission. :mad:

·
Registered
156 Posts
martroy said:
I'm currently listening to the Eurosport audio feed. Apparently, the helicopters are grounded due to bad weather and the bike feeds are interfeering with some Belgian military frequencies so they were asked to stop the transmission. :mad:

Glad to know that the Belgium military is using secured communication channels for their operations!:blush2:

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
Still borked. Nice job OLN.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Stage 3 No Good

Lost the feed for Stage 3. It is really frustrating. Wonder if OLN and Cycling.tv oversold the subscriptions so there just is not enough bandwidth for all of the viewers. Cycling.tv worked perfectly for the last 2 months during the classic and the second they go in with OLN, service goes into the crapper, just like OLN!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stage 3

I didn't have any problems today aside from the lack of audio for the first few minutes of the feed.

I was able to watch it at 800k down which provides fairly good resolution for viewing full-screen.

·
Registered
156 Posts
burdiman said:
I didn't have any problems today aside from the lack of audio for the first few minutes of the feed.

I was able to watch it at 800k down which provides fairly good resolution for viewing full-screen.
No problems with my connection either. My connection speed fluctuated from 390k to 450k down...but no visual difference or interruptions.

Also, I don't think its OLN per se...the feed is all Cycling.tv with OLN branding/sponsoring. I'm sure Cycling.tv is getting their feed from whoever is actually filming the race.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am trying to watch it using a barely utilized OC3 and I have to turn it all the way down to 400K to keep it from re-buffering. I don't think cycling.tv can has a fat enough pipe or enough server power to handle the additional load. They need to make a call to Akami.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.