Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck won..

This happened on my short 2.5 mile commute home from work today.

Big chunk of meat missing from my shoulder, swollen forearm, swollen knee, minor road rash, and lots of bruises.
But no broken bones, internal injuries, or head trauma, so I consider myself lucky.

The driver was issued a citation. Sorry to leave you folks hanging on the details, but I'd rather not share to much publicly until this whole thing pans out.

I didn't really get to check out the bike to much before the ambulance got there, but I did see that the front wheel was tacoed, left brake lever was gone, and I think the bars were bent. Probably more, but that's all I noticed. Luckily it was just a cheap commuter that can be easily replaced.

I'm just happy to be alive right now, and I'm kind of digging the Vicodin, lol.

Be safe out there folks.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
The truck won..

This happened on my short 2.5 mile commute home from work today.

Big chunk of meat missing from my shoulder, swollen forearm, swollen knee, minor road rash, and lots of bruises.
But no broken bones, internal injuries, or head trauma, so I consider myself lucky.

The driver was issued a citation. Sorry to leave you folks hanging on the details, but I'd rather not share to much publicly until this whole thing pans out.

I didn't really get to check out the bike to much before the ambulance got there, but I did see that the front wheel was tacoed, left brake lever was gone, and I think the bars were bent. Probably more, but that's all I noticed. Luckily it was just a cheap commuter that can be easily replaced.

I'm just happy to be alive right now, and I'm kind of digging the Vicodin, lol.

Be safe out there folks.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
dang

hang in there, man, I was in your shoes in the er just a few weeks ago. feel better and get well soon

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Too bad about your bike, but glad you in fairly decent shape, all things considered. Vicodin, it's what's for lunch! Hope everything works out in your favor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too bad about your bike, but glad you in fairly decent shape, all things considered. Vicodin, it's what's for lunch! Hope everything works out in your favor.
Yeah, I'm definitively popping pills today.
Woke up this morning with a whole new set of bumps/bruises/pain that I didn't notice last night.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
If the bike is trashed, you've got full replacement from the driver's insurance. You've also have your pain and suffering to be dealt with. You should be able to milk this for over $10,000.....PS. Go to court when their case comes up. Without your testimony, the conviction might get thrown out.......along with your settlement.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
If the bike is trashed, you've got full replacement from the driver's insurance. You've also have your pain and suffering to be dealt with. You should be able to milk this for over $10,000.....PS. Go to court when their case comes up. Without your testimony, the conviction might get thrown out.......along with your settlement.
yeah. either that or get a good lawyer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for the input. I'll definitely be taking to a lawyer, because I have no idea how to even begin dealing with this.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts