Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who the victims are? The Dallas News article said they appeared to be seasoned riders. Lone Star Cyclists, sponsors of the Tour d'Italia in Italy, Texas coming up pretty soon, has rides out at the Joe Pool Lake area. My prayers to the victims and their families.

·
Registered
766 Posts
RoyIII said:
Does anyone know who the victims are? The Dallas News article said they appeared to be seasoned riders. Lone Star Cyclists, sponsors of the Tour d'Italia in Italy, Texas coming up pretty soon, has rides out at the Joe Pool Lake area. My prayers to the victims and their families.
Here is the link to the story, it has names listed: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/060808dnmetbikes.11918e28.html

So very sad... you would think Sunday mornings would be safe.... Last Sunday morning a drunk driver hits a group in Mexico and this Sunday two here in the Dallas area are killed by a drunk driver... I can't believe it, I'm so mad and sad...... But mostly I'm so sorry for the families involved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's on my normal training ride - in fact, I was on that road the day before this happened at about the same time of the morning. If it happened where I think it happened, the road is three lanes wide each way. Being in the right lane should have been a safe place to be. That a-hole must have been wasted.

Prayers go out to the two families.

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
That is a normal route for multiple weekly rides. Drivers should have expected cyclists. I've been on that road multiple times too and it is 3 lanes wide in each direction. The guy had been up all night drinking. The pic of his truck was very disturbing. The entire hood was caved in. Just awful.

Prayers to the two families for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My heart and prayers go out to the families of our fallen cyclists. It wasn't more than 3 weeks ago that I rode at the Ride of Silence at White Rock Lake for those killed or injured while riding. So sad. If it was an accident, then that is one thing, but DWI, that SOB should get life for what he has done.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Is there any word on what is going to happen to this guy?

I have not heard anything lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.