1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'd say the cycling community is overreacting to what this guy wrote in that e-mail. It's just another example of keyboard courage. IMO, there are very few motorist crazy enough to intentionally do harm to a cyclist. I figure my chances of meeting them are pretty slim.

I'm much more concerned with the oblivious, inattentive motorists.

Ben (will happily add this guy's e-mail address to a few cycling related mailing lists) :)

·
I-M-D bell curve of bikn'
162 Posts
Cyclist

biknben said:
I'd say the cycling community is overreacting to what this guy wrote in that e-mail. It's just another example of keyboard courage. IMO, there are very few motorist crazy enough to intentionally do harm to a cyclist. I figure my chances of meeting them are pretty slim.

Ben (will happily add this guy's e-mail address to a few cycling related mailing lists) :)
I agree with BiknBen.....................like most I encounter, they blow horns, yell out windows, but never get out to approach you. I just keep pedaling and smiling! Just carry a cell phone and if you get a tag report it to local police as a case of road rage which most parts of the country now have law regarding. Just be prepared to id the person and go to court. That is just one way to curb it................I choose to ignore and pedal unless they do something extreme. :)

·
Banned
442 Posts

I often see people that write stuff like that go out of their way to help cyclists at other times.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Someone has been catching up on their internet reading.

This new forum format sure does encourage dredging.

·
Banned
442 Posts
Someone has been catching up on their internet reading.

This new forum format sure does encourage dredging.
Being a Yachtsman as well, you and I have a totally different definition of "dredging". Perhaps you might want to explain what you think your definition of that word is?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Being a Yachtsman as well, you and I have a totally different definition of "dredging". Perhaps you might want to explain what you think your definition of that word is?
Commenting on a post from 2005 that was basically dead when it started.

·
Banned
442 Posts
Commenting on a post from 2005 that was basically dead when it started.
I don't agree that talking about a posting is the same as removing mud. Those comments are as valid today and they were in 2005 and they were shown on my screen. Obviously Road Bike Review thought them relevant.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,086 Posts
202, don't bother engaging him. He periodically goes off his meds for a day and posts a bunch of nonsense here, then disappears for several weeks.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
"Thread dredge" is a standard internet term used when someone posts on a thread that has been inactive for a long time.

FYI, it has nothing to do with mud or excavation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts