Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted a URL to a site that sells almost current WC race DVD's but I can't seem to find it (or Google it either). Anyone know it off the tops of their head?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Gripped said:
Someone posted a URL to a site that sells almost current WC race DVD's but I can't seem to find it (or Google it either). Anyone know it off the tops of their head?

Thanks.
procyclocross.com

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Gripped said:
Have you ordered from them before? Is is just the Sporza feed of is there some value added?

Thanks
I won a couple of dvds at a race a few years back, seems just to be copy of the tv without commercials.

Good stuff though, but I have always wondered if it was just pirated.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
It ain't quite what the OP was looking for, but if you like cyclocross, you've gotta pick up "Pure Sweet Hell."

www.cyclocrossfilm.com

I just got my copy a couple of days ago and I've watched it three times already. It's that good. Plus, it's all indie and the soundtrack is sweet.

·
Banned
53 Posts
lousylegs said:
I won a couple of dvds at a race a few years back, seems just to be copy of the tv without commercials.

Good stuff though, but I have always wondered if it was just pirated.
The Belgian national broadcaster, like the BBC, doesn't have commercials. Almost definitely pirated, just like my uploads of the same to news:alt.binaries.multimedia.sports

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've ordered them...lot's in fact. The coverage is straight from Sporza, and there is usually other highlights plus pre and post race interviews. I don't understand Flemish or Dutch so I just skip straight to the racing action. Every now and then they have some Eurosport coverage minus the commercials but it's mainly sporza.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Gripped said:
Have you ordered from them before? Is is just the Sporza feed of is there some value added?

Thanks
It is just the Sporza feed in Flemish/Dutch. I think it's fine that way, I've seen some of the English coverage of Worlds, so same feed, just English commentators and it's horrible. They obviously don't know much about cross and really seemed to be more interested in other things than the bike race.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doctor Who said:
It ain't quite what the OP was looking for, but if you like cyclocross, you've gotta pick up "Pure Sweet Hell."

www.cyclocrossfilm.com

I just got my copy a couple of days ago and I've watched it three times already. It's that good. Plus, it's all indie and the soundtrack is sweet.
Just watched it this past weekend. I'ts pretty good but I was hoping for a better narrative. Too much "random" race action. While I really like the fact that there was lots of race footage, there was no real narrative to put it all together. Still, way better than Transitions, IMHO. But the *Great Cross Documentary* is still to be made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts