Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are doing a cyclocross omnium in July here in IL July 8th and 9th. We got enough positive feedback on the idea we decided to go for it. Here are the details:
http://www.smartendurance.com/cross.htm

July 8th; a dusk short-track race
July 9th: a 1 lap TT on the full course
July 9th: a 50 minute + 1 lap cross race on the full course

If you are in the midwest, please show up and support this inaugural event.

http://www.smartendurance.com/cross.htm

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll be there for sure. Really looking forward to the short track race, as I miss the Thursday night short tracks that we had at Castlewood, they were great on the cross bike. 50 minutes of cross in July is going to really hurt.

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
euro-trash, sat morning I mapquested NYC to Carbondale IL, 16hrs/ 1000miles. I called my good friend and proposed a cyclocross road trip. He said it sounded crazy and he's in.
I'll PM you regarding possible accomodations and so on.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kannas said:
euro-trash, sat morning I mapquested NYC to Carbondale IL, 16hrs/ 1000miles. I called my good friend and proposed a cyclocross road trip. He said it sounded crazy and he's in.
I'll PM you regarding possible accomodations and so on.
I got your message. Awesome you are coming. This could be quite a meeting of RBR cross racers.

I'm working on host-housing this week. I'll let you know. At worst, we have a TON of inexpensive but not sleazy hotels around. $35 -60 a night, but like I said, I'll try to find you a local racer's house where you can crash.

If anyone decides to fly to the race instead of a long road trip, send me a message. You can have your bike sent via UPS or Fed-ex to my house or to a local shop. I'll even do my best to have it set and ready to rock when you arrive.

The local airport is MWA, about 8 miles from the course. Your other option would be to fly into St Louis airport code STL and rent a car (it's only 2 hours)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.