Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Parked Car Magnet
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was making progress up the steepest hill in my neck of woods (Crystal lake road in Crystal Springs, OH) and doing great. That is, until I started smelling skanky cigarette smoke. I mean a lot of cigarette smoke!
Someone & their friends was out on their front porch & all were smoking. I darn near gagged to death, bcuz' this hill isn't an ordinary hill. I'm not sure how steep it is over the long span, but i hate smelling someone else's trench-mouth stench when I am at wide-open throttle and feel like Im getting nowhere!:mad2:
Just a rant.
Offer your opinions.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
rochrunner said:
You've got a heck of a sense of smell if someone smoking outdoors off the side of the road on their front porch can get to you like that!
+1...I'm no big fan of cig smoke, but gimme a break.

· Registered
577 Posts
Personally I have a very good sense of smell and I would probably smell the smoke as well. But it cant be as bad as rotting skunk or oppossum along the road. DAMN DRIVERS AND THEIR STEEL DEATH MOBILES!

· Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
I was in a diner in Bowman, North Dakota, and the waitress came over and nearly knocked me out. She smelled like she had gone into a really small enclosed space, maybe a closet, then lit a couple of cartons of cigarettes on fire, and stayed inside until they burned out. The stench was so overwhelming, that is the only reasonable explanation.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
mohair_chair said:
I was in a diner in Bowman, North Dakota, and the waitress came over and nearly knocked me out. She smelled like she had gone into a really small enclosed space, maybe a closet, then lit a couple of cartons of cigarettes on fire, and stayed inside until they burned out. The stench was so overwhelming, that is the only reasonable explanation.
Try riding the local bus during the time the homeless people are heading to the shelter. All you can smell is cig smoke and vodka.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Meh.................

· yup
2,739 Posts
mohair_chair said:
I see you have met my aunt betty.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
GTDave said:
When I turn 90, I'm going to start smoking again.
I wonder if you can deep-fry a cigarette
I'm gonna start smoking crack at 90.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
That's funny, I can smell burning weed a half mile away.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Berge said:
I thought that Vodka didn't have a smell. That is why alcoholics drink it. Undetectable.
If you drink enough of it it has a smell.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
That's funny, I can smell burning weed a half mile away.
How do you smoke it from that far away?:p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.