Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my LBS install a set of DA 7800 cranks on my complete DA 7700 drive train bike. I now have severe chain rub (front D) on 10 different gears. When I questioned the mechanic about it, he said that would happen until I upgraded to a 10 speed system. Am I being BS'd here or what?
If this is correct, can I use a DA 10 STI's and cranks with Ultegra front/rear derails, chain, and cassette? Do I need to upgrade the front D, or will the 9 speed work with 10?
Thanks

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
FLY ARMY said:
I recently had my LBS install a set of DA 7800 cranks on my complete DA 7700 drive train bike. I now have severe chain rub (front D) on 10 different gears. When I questioned the mechanic about it, he said that would happen until I upgraded to a 10 speed system. Am I being BS'd here or what?
If this is correct, can I use a DA 10 STI's and cranks with Ultegra front/rear derails, chain, and cassette? Do I need to upgrade the front D, or will the 9 speed work with 10?
Thanks
BS - TF

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
9-speed deraillers work fine

I am running 10 speed cranks, levers and cassettes with 9-speed DA deraillers and everything work great. I did have to fiddle with the FD to get it to shift correctly but after initial adjustments, I can''t seem to find any reason to buy a new FD. Get a new machanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts