Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to DA 9000.

My every day wheels have the 11-spd cassette, but my 10-spd carbon wheelset hasn't released a new 11-spd compatible barrel.

I put the carbon rear on the bike and it seems to shift ok in the repair stand, but hesitant to ride it.

I only want to use the carbon 10-spd wheel for Crits that use just a few gear cogs.

What will I risk? What will I find performance wise?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,663 Posts
it won't work properly. you may get a few gears as you've experienced in the stand, but it's not 'right'. in a race i wouldn't even think of doing it unless it was a situation where i'd started w/ the proper 11spd wheel and flatted and the only wheel available was 10spd.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I just upgraded to DA 9000.

My every day wheels have the 11-spd cassette, but my 10-spd carbon wheelset hasn't released a new 11-spd compatible barrel.

I put the carbon rear on the bike and it seems to shift ok in the repair stand, but hesitant to ride it.

I only want to use the carbon 10-spd wheel for Crits that use just a few gear cogs.

What will I risk? What will I find performance wise?
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.