Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im aware that this has been asked before, but i dont feel like searching the site. my question:

i currently ride 9spd DA and i want to change the shifters to campy record. what do i have to swap and how much might it cost....i'm open to buying used stuff here. my take on the situation is that i would need the shifters (obviously), a new chain, cassette, r. derailleur, cables n' housing, bar tape and i think thats it...or is it?

·
Rain Man
319 Posts
Just 10 sp Campy shifters and a visit to

kenyonCycleist said:
so im aware that this has been asked before, but i dont feel like searching the site. my question:

i currently ride 9spd DA and i want to change the shifters to campy record. what do i have to swap and how much might it cost....i'm open to buying used stuff here. my take on the situation is that i would need the shifters (obviously), a new chain, cassette, r. derailleur, cables n' housing, bar tape and i think thats it...or is it?
www.hubbub.com. I did the conversion and it works real well.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im a bit confused

my washer on my DA r. derailleur has the tab, but i cant make out the hook' they are referring to, do i need to buy this or is it just the washer i have that came w/ the DA r. derailleur?

looking again, i think i need to get me one of the hooked washers. would excel sports or such companies have that?

they also recommend using a campy fr. derailleur, did you do that or do you just have the DA front derailleur?

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
kenyonCycleist said:

To make it really work without bodging: Ergos and rear derailleur. Campy 10v shifts Shimano 9sp fine. (at least it did when I set it up!)

If you buy C10, you can upgrade to S10 when "the big S" comes out with cassettes that don't cost $100/ea!

Mike

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s10

the new 10sp DA is ugly if you ask me, the shifters are hugh, might as well be mektronics, and the crankset is way too beefy for my taste, but thats just me

MShaw said:
To make it really work without bodging: Ergos and rear derailleur. Campy 10v shifts Shimano 9sp fine. (at least it did when I set it up!)

If you buy C10, you can upgrade to S10 when "the big S" comes out with cassettes that don't cost $100/ea!

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.