Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys and girls Mr. Fed-Ex brought me a new toy late Monday and yesterday it was assembled. It's an '03 Merak in Alessio paint--I am not a big fan of team colors but the bike looked too damn good so I thought what the hell. It was down to this bike or a Merckx SC--tough choice but I went with Ugo based on geometry and fit.

Chorus 10 kit on the bike, Protons, Arundel Carbon Cages. I'll have to go to a shorter stem and play with the stack height some but luckily I have the next three days off to do that. It seems a tad stiff so far ...the real test begins in a few hours. Unless my buyers remorse sets in again and the cold north wind blows any harder. (laughs)

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
teoteoteo said:
Well boys and girls Mr. Fed-Ex brought me a new toy late Monday and yesterday it was assembled. It's an '03 Merak in Alessio paint--I am not a big fan of team colors but the bike looked too damn good so I thought what the hell. It was down to this bike or a Merckx SC--tough choice but I went with Ugo based on geometry and fit.

Chorus 10 kit on the bike, Protons, Arundel Carbon Cages. I'll have to go to a shorter stem and play with the stack height some but luckily I have the next three days off to do that. It seems a tad stiff so far ...the real test begins in a few hours. Unless my buyers remorse sets in again and the cold north wind blows any harder. (laughs)
Very nice. Is that a new or used frame? Ugo sure knows how to build a bike......... and regarding your freight company, your welcome ;) ........

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Frame

Frame was/is new. I can't order through my shop but I found this one for a price similar/better to employee purchase. It seems that the '04 has some big changes and thus demand for this one is down. My total investment was low so it's a no-risk way to try yet another beautiful machine.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
teoteoteo said:
Frame was/is new. I can't order through my shop but I found this one for a price similar/better to employee purchase. It seems that the '04 has some big changes and thus demand for this one is down. My total investment was low so it's a no-risk way to try yet another beautiful machine.
If I ever got way from my LOOK fetish, De Rosa would be very high on my list. 50 years of bikes from the "other" great Italian frame builder

·
Registered
154 Posts
very cool

Wow ... great looking ride. Love anything DeRosa.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Congrats - a beaut

And as far as the paint, I really like it. It seems to me that some '04 Rosa paint schemes have been detrimentally simplified.

I think new owners of bikes such as yours should give out cigars.

·
GeoCyclist
655 Posts
Very Nice Looking Ride!!!

Every time I see a new bike post, I just want to go out and buy another one. Thankfully I don't have anywhere to keep another bike. Enjoy your new ride!!!

Ride On!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts