Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lived in California when 7-11 made its rise and watched them ride past my condo with the Sacramento Wheelmen and in the criterium in Old Sac. Lauritzen became a favourite rider to watch for me, not the most popular on the team, but I loved his attitude and his style. I am only posting because I saw a request from his son to a recent purchaser of the lovely bike he rode in the late '80's. I have a gorgeous Masi Gran Criterium and I know how great the bikes of that era can be, so I just want to know if Stian got his dad's bike back? Does anyone know?

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a sort of embarrassed curiousity question

Stian posted in this thread two days ago, we haven't heard anything since. This thread was started in 2006 and the bike has disappeared since then, unfortunately.
Maybe PM him? I hope he finds it.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/retro-classic/dag-otto-lauritzen-eddy-merckx-49867.html

I'm so not a real rider anymore that it's embarrassing to even post here. I'm a great fan of his dad's, so I don't want to impose or be pushy or anything. I just saw that bike and it was so lovely that it would be an awful shame for anyone to have it who couldn't appreciate it. It seemed terrible that someone wouldn't sell it back to Mr. Lauritzen's son. Thank you for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.