Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am so in. Courses like this are why I love crits.

Looks to be a nice venue this year along Wilson Historic District near Downtown Dallas.

"The Wilson Historic District is the campus for the Meadows Foundation and includes shady, tree-lined streets that are wide, smooth, and flat. All turns are 90 degrees. The 8/10th mile course encircles the Meadows Foundation, the shaded green oasis of Central Square City Park, and the restored 19th century historic homes that line beautiful Swiss Avenue. There is a full city block straightaway both before and after the finish line.

Directions: For now, use MapQuest to get directions to this address: 3003 Swiss Ave" It's an easy pedal from any of several DART stations or Union Station downtown.

**** contest rules ******
First random person who calls me Creaky gets a really nice "Damn right your Dad drank it" Canadian Club t-shirt. Dave Hickey not eligible but if you want to split it with him that's your business.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm doing both of the 35+ races each day.

Event Start Times (both days) Duration (in minutes)
Women Cat 4 7:00 AM 45
Women Cat 3 7:55 AM 60
Master 45+, 55+, 65+ 9:05 AM 50
Junior Open, Junior Women 18 and under 10:05 AM 45
Master 35+ 11:00 AM 50 <---watch Creaky get dropped
Junior 14 and under (boys and girls) Noon 30
Kiddie Challenge 12:30 PM 1 Lap
Master 35+ 4/5 1:00 PM 45 <---watch Creaky dominate
P,1,2 1:55 PM 90
Women Open 3:35 PM 60
Men Cat 3 4:45 PM 60
Men Cat 4 5:55 PM 50
Men Cat 5 6:55 PM 45

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Will you be wearing the same hat as you are in your Avatar???

I'm off on Saturday, if I have a chance I might head over. I love crits. Watching them, not racing in them. It's always so discouraging to get lapped by old people.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Shaddup about tree lined crits...we ain't got no stinkin crits right now. At least till late July (ok. There is one next week. But I can't make it.):mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
CK,

It was a beautiful day. Wind wasn't too bad at all. I only got to see the Pro 1,2 and the Masters before it.

How'd you do?

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you watched the Masters before the P-1-2 you saw me. I got 7th in that one, plus a prime $20. Yeah baby, winnings for the day = $55. Not quite enough to cover entry fees ( I prepaid for 4 races, 2 per day)

So I came back today, Sunday and I WON the Masters 35+ race. Uh, HUH. $100 prize and that covers gas money too.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Creakyknees said:
If you watched the Masters before the P-1-2 you saw me. I got 7th in that one, plus a prime $20. Yeah baby, winnings for the day = $55. Not quite enough to cover entry fees ( I prepaid for 4 races, 2 per day)

So I came back today, Sunday and I WON the Masters 35+ race. Uh, HUH. $100 prize and that covers gas money too.

And I still have my really cool t-shirt.
Congrats on your win, that is super!! I usually find the time to go out to see the Matrix crit, but couldn't this weekend and it sounded like a great course. And you get T-shirts now for doing a uscf race, wow???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.