Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you, or do you know many riders who would be interested in set weekly riders leaving from the Dallas Oregon area? If so, please respond briefly- either Dallas, Monmouth, Independence, etc. Salem, and Corvallis already have systems in place, but I looking for a more localized grassroots program in the Dallas area. Nothing too large or too organized- just aimed at building awareness and meeting riders. Both beginner designations and training type rides.

->Where from?
->Weekdays or Weekends?
->Mornings, mid-day, afternoons?
->Set days of the week or e-mail list serve?
->Just for the summer months? Winters too?
->Jacksonville OR, has one of the best weekly rides around with dinner afterwards- nice local people, great local knowledge of amazing roads, lots of personal style, free food, tempting?
->Other ideas?

Just testing the waters- theres already hardcore mountain bikers on schedule. The roads out here are just as beautiful- I want to take advantage of this fact.

Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd only seen one other local roadie in three years-you can tell when riders are passing through/new here....Was beyond surprised to see your post.

Santiam's annex shop cross from The Feed Store had been trying to get group rides organized for all levels.

Last I heard they were collecting names and numbers but the only ride mentioned since then was a six hour friday ride they were trying to do regularly that sounded like it was geared more for the hammerheads. Sounds like the shop owner is pretty good and he set up the friday ride. I know one of the mechanics is commuting in from west salem regularly.

My schedule is an odd shift schedule and most of my rides are commutes to work so I couldnt commit to a weekly ride day but could show up maybe every other week.

Maybe we need to hijack the phone list and set things up ourselves.

->Where from? Probably meet downtown/at the shop
->Weekdays or Weekends? Doesnt matter-every day is friday to me.
->Mornings, mid-day, afternoons? Doesnt really matter to me. Depends on how far.
->Set days of the week or e-mail list serve? Either-pick any day and there is a 66% chance I can make it.
->Just for the summer months? Winters too? I ride year round, all weather, all terains, all times of day/night.
->Jacksonville OR, has one of the best weekly rides around with dinner afterwards- nice local people, great local knowledge of amazing roads, lots of personal style, free food, tempting?
->Other ideas? Email me off list at my profile. Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't imagine you'll check this anytime ever- just in case.

Josh-

I was even more surprized to see a response to my posting on Roadbikereview. I teach locally and seem to have more than enough free time now that summer school is out- I've been trying to get out to Salem for the group rides, but I'd like to build a network of more localized rides and riders if possible. The Shop guys are great, but your right, we need to hyjack the list ourselves. Contact me and we'll discuss more when you have the time.

Nick
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.