Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· TPS reports by 5, people.
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 C40 with a Colnago 28.0 seatpost that for some reason seems to eat my shorts. Literally. Even a little electrical tape over the clamp isn't helping.

Anyone else have this problem? It's a really nice post :mad: :mad:

· Registered
466 Posts
my new c-50 had seatpost issues. a new frame but with new campy post it was too loose with the post alone, and with a spacer too tight! therefore a little emery cloth; oh so gently and then the metal shim and it works. also I have heard that a campy clamp is better than a colnago one.

· l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
Lumbergh said:
I have a 02 C40 with a Colnago 28.0 seatpost that for some reason seems to eat my shorts. Literally. Even a little electrical tape over the clamp isn't helping.

Anyone else have this problem? It's a really nice post :mad: :mad:
You do realize that you need to install a saddle on the seatpost:D More seriously, what saddle are you using? Most saddles are sufficiently wide that there should be no way for you to be able to touch the clamp. You may also want to change the q-factor.

· Registered
714 Posts
when it comes to the eating of shorts, there are some experts who post on the politics only forum.

seriously, i run a san marco rolls on my colnago carbon post w/no prob, of course, it does not leave the clamp exposed, as the saddle has no cutaway there.

neither do other saddles that are actualy rideable in a pratical sense for the road, such as the san marco strada...saddles with cutaway sides may be something for you to avoid.

dnalsaam said:
You do realize that you need to install a saddle on the seatpost:D More seriously, what saddle are you using? Most saddles are sufficiently wide that there should be no way for you to be able to touch the clamp. You may also want to change the q-factor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.