Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I am pedlfoot
205 Posts
Thanks...

...great review.I don't have a B17 and probably won't get one but I found your review interesting and informative.I love retro stuff and even own a lugged steel bike.I have seen B17's in person and they defintely have alot of charm.I just can't see myself sitting on one!

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Good review Mr. Taylor

Now I know where the term saddle originated from that relates to the seat on your ride, because that thing looks like a big 'ole horse saddle. I would definately have one of those on my bike if it wouldn't weigh so much, it would be like riding hills with a anchor attached to your seatpost. I guess you could train with it during the week and then show up to race with a flite........... uh how where can you get one of those? Seriously though good writeup Greg you should look into doing that professionally!

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Why do people continue using the B17 as a road bike saddle? It was designed as a roadster saddle, one where the saddle mounts on a plain seatpost, one with zero setback. It just doesn't work well with a road bike seatpost, and the short nose makes riding with low-set bars difficult.

The Team Professional and Swift saddles, OTOH, are designed to work with a roadbike setback seatpost, and the longer nose makes riding in the drops possible.

Save the B17's for your hybrids and ATB's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts