Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Wonder how much these things cost.(not that it matters for the above mentioned riders).

I have a nice detached garage that is unused and empty.Maybe I can convert it.I am at sea level.This beats driving 8 hours to the mountains.:D :rolleyes:

The technology sounds great.I wonder if "normal" people use this stuff.

· Registered
400 Posts
Had a former teammate who had one of these things...she said that her's went for $2-3K for a tent that covered a bed. Also, she told me that the higher stimulated altitudes can cause altitude sickness, which happened to her. She thought she could set it to stimulate 18k ft. but she got a bad case of altitude sickness so she dropped the settings to 10k then ramped it back up to 14k. She found that this worked best for her since the higher stimulated altitudes caused the symptoms of altitude sickness to reappear.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
i dunno about you, but if i had levi's wife i wouldnt want my dogs in the bed, especially if its covered with an altitude tent.

if they are all in one bed each night, i imagine he doesnt have a tent over the bed but more of some crazy bedroom that is always at pressure and they have to go through a futuristic airlock or somethin.

· Registered
240 Posts
weltyed said:
if they are all in one bed each night, i imagine he doesnt have a tent over the bed but more of some crazy bedroom that is always at pressure and they have to go through a futuristic airlock or somethin.
[radio transmission]"Roger that. We have the Sunday news and orange juice you requested. We're sending it through the lock now, sir. Over. "[end trransmission]

· Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
I just hold my breath until I pass out, wake up and repeat. I do this all night. I am now ready to kick Lance's butt in the TDF. Fortunately for him, he retired, so I will let the lesser ones compete this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.