Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving back from Austin this past Sunday, we had a 13 yr old in the car, flipping thru my cd collection. He pulls out DSotM, "what's this?"

Had been a long time since I listened to it straight thru. It's still powerful. Moreso now that I know the backstory that I didn't know when I was a kid.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
First?

And Yeah....... definitely top 3. NO, you got it right the first time. #1.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
They put on a good show. I saw them in LA way back in 1975.

·
wots...uh the deal?
1,295 Posts
Yup, even my 14 yo is starting to enjoy PF.

I do have to say, I like the raggea version "Dub side of the moon". I even had to get the "Baby Floyd" cd and enjoy that.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That's so funny.

The kidz got a new guitar teacher who's nurturing his metal tendencies.
He was practicing something this week and I asked him what it was.
Dad, don't cha know Floyd?
I laughed, but I was thinking about getting a CD.
Not sure if Dark Side of the Moon would be appropriate tho.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Nope, it's either Astral Weeks, Bringing It All Back Home or Blood on the Tracks. Probably top 10 though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Quite possibly, but it is a matter of opinion.

I've been through phases when I would argue that Abbey Road is the best ever....... and Pet Sounds...... and maybe Exhile on Main St..

I've never even listened to Astral Weeks. I'll have to check it out.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
I'd consider it in my all time top 5.

Well, let's see... You said you have had the flying shizt for a week now, so that includes last Sunday.
Maybe the kid was attempting to transcend into some sub-universe to escape the gaseous expulsions emanating from your bowels by listening to Dark Side. Back in teh day, smoking a certain herb was the primary catalyst for such trips which only Dark Side could produce.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
CK, I assume you've synched up the Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon. Don't be a moreon and tell me you've missed that brilliant synchronicity.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Maybe in my top 5. I'm not sure I could pick just one.

London Calling would have to be there.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Hollywood said:
heard / read about it but never done it firsthand. I think its time for a viewing party at the treehouse :thumbsup:
A big screen, good sound and a willingness to let the original story go helps out.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
There are 3 or 4 tied for 1st place, Dark side of the moon is in there...funny, my 19 yr old got the cd from her boyfriend for her birthday on monday. I have it on cd and vinyl.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts