Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in friggin awe....we had the US-ultrasound of my unborn daughter yesterday, and while we have had several so far, this was the advanced anatomy ultrasound where they measure the long bones, take pics of the babies cerebral blood flow and detailed pics of the heart and all four chambers......friggin amazing......I just hope I will be a good father.. :confused:

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Congratulations.....

physasst said:
I am in friggin awe....we had the US-ultrasound of my unborn daughter yesterday, and while we have had several so far, this was the advanced anatomy ultrasound where they measure the long bones, take pics of the babies cerebral blood flow and detailed pics of the heart and all four chambers......friggin amazing......I just hope I will be a good father.. :confused:
it's like nothing you've ever done......look into your daugters eyes the moment she's born & you will know what love is.

The best you can do will be good enough.

len

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Tres cool physasst. If you're worried about being a good dad, chance are, you will be a good dad. It's the one's that don't worry that concern me.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Congrats, guy!

I have 2. The happiest days of my life were when they were born. There's NOTHING like it to hear them say, "I love you, Daddy." Your life will never, ever be the same. And that ain't a bad thing.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Congrats, and agree on all accounts.

I suspect you've already figured it out.

·
Pixie Sticks and Politics
716 Posts
I agree with Kram. I have trouble remembering what my life was like before my daughter was born. It changes everything for the better. Congratulations, now go pick out a car seat and get someone to show you how to install it. Will answer any questions you have about that. Good luck.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
physasst said:
Right on!

I remember the first ultrasound of my daughter where you could really make things out. It's amazing how much you can see. I (and the technician) saw that we were having a girl -- my wife didn't want to know so the tech moved the probe quickly but the look between her and I told me that I knew what I saw.

You'll be a fine dad, you'll see.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its by far....

The coolest thing in the world.... By far!

I've only been a father for 9 weeks, but I already can't remember what life was like before little Chloe arrived.

Congratulations! It is an awesome time! Enjoy it.

Here's a pic of us at Christmas...

And another of her being incredibly cute....

·
The Divine Spin
894 Posts
Congrats!

physasst said:
What an awesome experience. I remember with great joy the first u/s pics we saw of our daughters (although we chose to be surprised so didn't know they were daughters yet).

I agree with Snap. If you're worried, you'll be a great parent. :)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
There's NOTHING like it to hear them say, "I love you, Daddy."
I was walking through the supermarket one day with my daughter on my shoulders, and she said, "Daddy?" "Yes, Baby?" "Daddy, I love you!" Just, out of the blue. Which in itself wasn't very unusual. But we were overheard by a young woman who was, you know, young. I don't believe she had any kids on her horizon for a while. You could see that she was all but stricken by the startling trust and intimacy of my little girl's exclamation. It was cool.
And then they sass you and won't go to bed or put their shoes on . . . .
It's a good thing that they're cute, or they'd end up on street with the trash.

·
Registered
359 Posts
LOL...my daughter just called last night to tell me that she has been accepted into Law School. It seems like only yesterday I was teaching her how to tie her shoes. Time with them flies. Make the most of it! :)

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Best thing in my life, but I have to say . . . .

... that no matter how well things go or how good a job you do (and I'm the hardest-working, most dedicated father in the history of parenthood), there will be a time about 15 years from now when you'll hold your head in your hands, come to grips with your despair and say, "Where, oh where did I go wrong?"
Then in three or four years things will smooth out and you'll think it was worth doing again. My younger child is 20, and we're pretty well out of the bad part.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
when I told him that I was having a daughter, a friend of mine said this -- A son is a son until he takes a wife. Your daughter is your daughter for the rest of your life.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Cory said:
... that no matter how well things go or how good a job you do (and I'm the hardest-working, most dedicated father in the history of parenthood), there will be a time about 15 years from now when you'll hold your head in your hands, come to grips with your despair and say, "Where, oh where did I go wrong?"
Then in three or four years things will smooth out and you'll think it was worth doing again. My younger child is 20, and we're pretty well out of the bad part.

Ain't it the truth.

For sale: one pretty and precocious 16 year old daughter. Best Reasonable (or not) Offer.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
physasst said:

Congrats! Enjoy the time when they are tiny like others have said, they grow so dang fast: Ours is going to be 1 in a couple of weeks, crazy how time flies and how quick she is changing.....

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Mine

She's a little older than the ones already posted but she still brings me joy on a daily basis. Okay...so maybe every other day...err...a couple times a week, at least.

Until she grows out of this precocious stage, I can say that she definitely keeps me entertained! :)

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
lets_ride said:
She's a little older than the ones already posted but she still brings me joy on a daily basis. Okay...so maybe every other day...err...a couple times a week, at least.

Until she grows out of this precocious stage, I can say that she definitely keeps me entertained! :)
How old? 14-15? Cute kid. Has walmart seen that photo? Where's her helmet? :D

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
thinkcooper said:
How old? 14-15? Cute kid. Has walmart seen that photo? Where's her helmet? :D
Just turned 14. Yeah, she was with her friend and her mother at Walmart and they took pics all over the store. Nobody said a word to them. But they tried the same thing at Kroger a few weeks later and got a lecture from the manager...even without the shopping cart surfing.

And my first comment was that she should have been wearing a helmet. She showed me this one and I said it would have made a good helmet.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yup,mine is 2 and a half

and it is the coolest thing. that first moment and ya think "How can it ever get better than this" and it does,and does,and does. I figure I have about 8 years before it's gonna get rough.
ya got lotsa help here,any questions just post em. You will get a variety of answers, most good, but each case is its own. I think my wife's advice is the best "Follow your intuition. Your gut is gonna tell you the best road for your child".

1 - 20 of 51 Posts