Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Katie's ex bf Dave, and roomy Thomas are going to travel. Dave's dad works in a biz where they have access to lots of scraps of exotic wood and stuff for building awesome school/prison buses into luxury land yachts. The interior is lavishly finished in several species of african hardwoods, and equiped as well as a couple of hippy/philosophers could ever hope.

Eventually the goal is to get to the southern U.S. from the PNW, and wherever elase after that. For now, they are on thier longest shake down cruise to date, about 250 miles. From Sedro Wooley (yes, it's a real place) to Vancouver, Washington. They had a day's delay in a Walmart parking lot overcoming an issue with an air hose that was melted by the heated vegatable oil fuel line. Appearantly, since vegatable oil is a kitchen item, and Home Depot has kitchen stuff, they were able to make repairs with goods found in a department somewhere between convection ovens and play structures.

If you see them, wave or say hi to Dave and Thomas. They're good guys. I think the name of the bus is "The bus".

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
You're either on the bus or off the bus.

//apologies to Ken Kesey.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
What is the clearance on that thing? I would worry about tunnels and overpasses. The VW minibus on top of the school bus reminds me of the early 747s that had a second floor lounge above the first class area.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
no pics of the inside?

·
yup
2,726 Posts
To cool! I love the custom entryway. YOu don't call something like that just a plain door. Do you have any pics of the inside?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
MarkS said:
What is the clearance on that thing? I would worry about tunnels and overpasses. The VW minibus on top of the school bus reminds me of the early 747s that had a second floor lounge above the first class area.
i predict a lot of detours in their future.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Takes me back around 30 years......

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
It's a tree trimmer!

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Whenever I see a VW bus, the last two lines of these lyrics pop into my head:

Well we rolled up interstate fourty-four
Like a rocket sled on rails
We tore up all a our swindle sheets
An' left 'em settin' on the scales
By the time we hit that Chi-Town
Them bears was a gittin' smart
They'd brought up some reinforcements
From the Illinois National Guard
There 'as armored cars, and tanks, and Jeeps
An' rigs of every size
Yeah them chicken coops 'as full a bears
An' choppers filled the skies
Well we shot the line, an' we went for broke
With a thousand screamin' trucks
And eleven long-haired friends of Jesus
In a chartreuse microbus

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Creakyknees said:
see, I clicked on this thread expecting pixxors of college girls. You disappoint me.
i expected the same.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Creakyknees said:
see, I clicked on this thread expecting pixxors of college girls. You disappoint me.
You click every thread expecting pixxors of college girls! This thread is no different!

/BTW, it's your most endearing quality! :thumbsup:

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I bet they don't make 1,000 miles before that VW becomes toast.

len

·
What the Hell is going on
5,137 Posts
Still no pics of the interior or college girls?
It's the short bus for you my friend.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
This thread is soooo disappointing. No pics of college girls???

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
looks like the all the other "freedom" buses that used to park on haight street, except this is probably cleaner and doesn't reek of petchouli and MJ, yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts