Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prologue today.

Who'll take the leader's jersey today?

I'm not picking anyone yet coz I don't know who else is riding.

·
Registered
111 Posts
uzziefly said:
Prologue today.

Who'll take the leader's jersey today?

I'm not picking anyone yet coz I don't know who else is riding.
It's a good sprinter's stage and there aren't many good sprinters in the race. So I think I'll have to go with Thor Hushovd for the prologue.

Btw, http://cyclingfans.com/ has posted today's start order and times. So you can see who's riding there, uzziefly.

Patti

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Patti. I was thinking Hushovd too but Levi took it!!

Oooooh yeah!!!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
uzziefly said:
I watched the prologue. On tv. :p
The prologue is the only stage not televized by Sporza, the rest is on live without commercial breaks. :cool:

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rogger said:
The prologue is the only stage not televized by Sporza, the rest is on live without commercial breaks. :cool:
Yabbut you missed the prologue nonetheless!

They listed the start time later than it did though so I missed part of it.

Then again, I was switching channels from the Dauphine, the Euro 2008 soccer match and Formula 1's Montreal Grand Prix!

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For whatever reason Levi didn't do well at the Giro, everyone can and should just can it now regarding his form as he clearly has the legs today. Let the next ITT speak further as they head into the mountains after that.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
gray8110 said:
Not that surprising - it was an uphill drag race sprint which is really Valverde's specialty.
More impressive might have been Hushvold's second. All the other field sprinters were long washed away from the front.

Valverde might be regretting sitting up to celebrate so early. He had a debatable gap as it was, if he'd pushed it to the line and opened up a more definitive gap he would have taken the leaders jersey.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Valverde might be regretting sitting up to celebrate so early. He had a debatable gap as it was, if he'd pushed it to the line and opened up a more definitive gap he would have taken the leaders jersey.[/QUOTE]

oh well, he'll probably win the tour this year, given the return to form he's showing.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Even more impressive so to speak was Cadel and Leipheimer in 5th and 6th and very close indeed. Of course we know they can't really sprint too.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
More impressive might have been Hushvold's second. All the other field sprinters were long washed away from the front.

Valverde might be regretting sitting up to celebrate so early. He had a debatable gap as it was, if he'd pushed it to the line and opened up a more definitive gap he would have taken the leaders jersey.
Absolutely correct on both parts. Hushovd is not half bad at climbing, considering his size. It also goes to show how dominate Valverde can be if he stays healthy and "trains" right. The sprint was pretty much a no contest.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.