Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I hope that he fails...

Argentius said:
'Cause he's banned until then for doping.
I am not very secretly hoping that he fails miserably this year, again, as he's done in the past. For me, everything prior to and including his world championship are suspect at best. He doped for one big win; why not others? For my taste, he's too much of a talker, too much of a whiner, too much bark and not enough bite. Take for instance Boonen. Loves to talk junk, but hey, at least he can back it up, and as someone who was much wiser than me once said, "It ain't bragging if you can do it." Millar, just can't do it. I'd laugh my arse off if he quit the Vuelta again because a stage was too hard, that was classic Millar. It's too hard. I quit!

I want to see Zabriskie, McGhee, Cancellara, Basso, Ullrich, or someone else, actually, anyone aside from Millar take the prologue in le Tour this year. If he takes it, I'm not watching the race again until he loses the yellow jersey.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I want to see Zabriskie, McGhee, Cancellara, Basso, Ullrich, or someone else, actually, anyone aside from Millar take the prologue in le Tour this year. If he takes it, I'm not watching the race again until he loses the yellow jersey.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on. If he wins the prologue, which i admitidley doubt, he will deserve it. He'll be a well marked man by the drug boffins.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Nope...

Piles said:
I want to see Zabriskie, McGhee, Cancellara, Basso, Ullrich, or someone else, actually, anyone aside from Millar take the prologue in le Tour this year. If he takes it, I'm not watching the race again until he loses the yellow jersey.
Oh come on. If he wins the prologue, which i admitidley doubt, he will deserve it. He'll be a well marked man by the drug boffins.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll deserve it. I don't think he deserves another chance in the sport really, but alas, those are the rules. He was a well marked man by the drug czars before he won the world championship. Hell, look at what happened to Cofidis that year, scandal, after scandal, after scandal, and throughout it all he chastised others, called them out, and sold out his teammates, and then, he gets busted. I love it when people want to give him credit because he "came clean" with everyone. Yeah, after the drug police raided his house, and had a HK MP5 to his noggin. That's when he came clean. He never would have ratted himself out had he not gotten busted with an empty vial in his house, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Well, actually, regardless of the drug bust, Millar was always a POS whiney cry baby about the sport of cycling. He deserves nothing but our disdain.

·
Registered
155 Posts
magnolialover said:
Oh come on. If he wins the prologue, which i admitidley doubt, he will deserve it. He'll be a well marked man by the drug boffins.
I don't think he'll deserve it. I don't think he deserves another chance in the sport really, but alas, those are the rules. He was a well marked man by the drug czars before he won the world championship. Hell, look at what happened to Cofidis that year, scandal, after scandal, after scandal, and throughout it all he chastised others, called them out, and sold out his teammates, and then, he gets busted. I love it when people want to give him credit because he "came clean" with everyone. Yeah, after the drug police raided his house, and had a HK MP5 to his noggin. That's when he came clean. He never would have ratted himself out had he not gotten busted with an empty vial in his house, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Well, actually, regardless of the drug bust, Millar was always a POS whiney cry baby about the sport of cycling. He deserves nothing but our disdain.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, easy.
I didnt say "give him credit because he came clean" not at all. I suppose from your argument that you are of the same belief as me, if theyre found to be dopping then ban them for life. However as you say "those are the rules". What i meant is that if he was to win thae prologue (assuming he will be tested and found to be clean) then he would have beaten the best. Therrefore he will deserve to be recognised as beating the best, especially if he can pull it off with the time hes spent off the bike.
If he wins, he wins. That demands respect no-matter who it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts