Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is no way I can pose this question without looking like a cheapskate, here goes:

Our daughter is entering a new phase of her daycare, and will be changing teachers in a couple of weeks. My wife feels we need to get a gift for each of the 3 current teachers. The plan is buy gift cards, the question is what the appropriate amount is. We gave them each $50 at the holidays last year, and she immediately thought about getting $50 again, but I wonder if $25 would be appropriate. Is this sort of a gift a standard or are we being too generous? I have no idea, says the frugal yankee.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Gift a cool toy to the room she's leaving. This isn't Christmas, you don't owe the teachers a gift.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My wife loves giving people gifts. It's like her hobby and I don't get it.

I have found my life to be much easier if I let mine do what she wants.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Why don't you go in with other families and pool the money and give her one-big-gift.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
AIE said:
Gift a cool toy to the room she's leaving. This isn't Christmas, you don't owe the teachers a gift.
This would be most appreciated. 'Specially if yer little one is hard on toys like ours is...

That's what we'll be doing in October when our little girl moves from "Older Toddler" to "Preschooler."

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I don't get gifts for doing my job.

That being said my MIL makes a bag/purse thing for my girls teachers/day care providers. They seem to like them but it is weird to me.
Once in real school the room mothers will request a small amount and buy a larger gift from all the parents.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
daycare teachers are usually hot.

are they hot?

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Etched coffee mugs... The teachers love them...

Her music teacher...

I've done them for my daughters teachers. For Christmas I let her write the teachers name and then put it in an apple. The teachers recognized her handwriting and thought it was special.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
If I were a day care teacher, the gift I would appreciate would be a large bottle of tequila.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
picture of your daughter in a cheapish frame

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
pigpen said:
Once in real school the room mothers will request a small amount and buy a larger gift from all the parents.
I feel like I went to poor kids school for asking this but WTF is a room mother?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
The Wife gave each preschool teacher a $25 starbucks card.

gave the teeball coaches $25 itunes cards.

i dont really know why. i prefer AIEs idea of donating a nice toy. I will bring that up after this year.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
LWP said:
I feel like I went to poor kids school for asking this but WTF is a room mother?
In the olden days, she brought in treats for birthdays and stuff like that....usually got volunteered by her child. My mom threatened my life if I ever volunteered her again...:eek:

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
slap on the ass for a job well done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts